Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automate strategy

Hello all:
    I have my strategies that would like to automate, where do I start, know nothing about ninja code so will have to learn from scratch, looking for help on this.
    Thank you in advance
    sixbunches.

Hello sixbunches,

Thank you for writing in.

We do have resources to help you begin creating NinjaScript Strategies/Indicators.

The best way to begin learning NinjaScript is to use the Strategy Wizard. With the Strategy Wizard you can set up conditions and variables and then see the generated code in the NinjaScript Editor by clicking the View Code button.

I'm also providing a link to a pre-recorded set of videos 'Strategy Wizard 301' and 'NinjaScript Editor 401' for you to view at your own convenience.
    Strategy Wizard 301
    NinjaScript Editor 401

There are a few Sample Automated Strategies which come pre-configured in NinjaTrader that you can use as a starting point. These are found under Tools--> Edit NinjaScript--> Strategy. You will see locked strategies where you can see the details of the code, but you will not be able to edit (you can though always create copies you can later edit via right click > Save as)

We also have some Reference samples online as well as ‘Tips and Tricks’ for both indicators and strategies:
    Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples
    Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

Further, the following link is to our help guide with an alphabetical reference list to all supported methods, properties, and objects that are used in NinjaScript.
    Alphabetical Reference

We also have a few tutorials in our help guide for both Indicators and Strategies.
    Indicator tutorials
    Strategy tutorials

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Zachary, as always, great service and lightning fast response.

Comment

NinjaTrader has stop working

Hello:
        I get this when try to open app.

"NinjaTrader application has stopped working"

How can I fix this.

Thank You

sixbunches

Comment

Hello sixbunches,

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference both my name and a link to this thread in the body of the email.

Comment

corrupt files

Hello, how cand I find corrupt files, can't import stuff and also trying to set up strategy wizard, one of my puter is in abort mode for a while
            A remote asist would help lots
            Tks for the help
            Javier

Comment

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from:
              • Open NinjaTrader
              • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
              • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
              • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
              • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
              • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If everything compiles successfully, you will be able to import that script.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

To open the Strategy Wizard, click on Tools -> New NinjaScript -> Strategy from the Control Center.

Comment

automated trader

Gm
                I am setting up some strategies, so, when I click on positions tab I have 2 positions open different instruments, when I click on strategies only 1 shows open, why. also, need to delete some from the strategy performance historical & real list.
                How can I delete them.
                Tks

Comment

Hello sixbunches,

The Positions tab in the Control Center shows all open account positions, not just the ones generated by your NinjaScript strategies.

Originally posted by sixbunches View Post
                  also, need to delete some from the strategy performance historical & real list.
                  How can I delete them.
                  Tks
                  I am not clear by what you mean by this. The Strategy Performance -> Historical and Real-time is going to show the historical and real-time performance of the strategy you have selected this option on.

Are you referring to the Strategy Performance selection in a chart?

If this is the case, you would need to remove the strategy from the chart if you wish to remove the entry from this list. You can do this by right-clicking on the chart, selecting Strategies, and then selecting your strategy and clicking Remove.

Comment

automated trader

how can I remove a moving average from strategy wizard, have edit and remove and still show on chart

Comment

Hello sixbunches,

Do you have plot on chart enabled for the indicator that you are using in your strategy in the Strategy Wizard's Condition Builder? You will need to change this to no if you do not wish for the indicator to plot on the chart when running your strategy on the chart.

If you are referring to an indicator that is still on your chart after you have removed the strategy from the chart, you can remove the indicator by right-clicking on the chart, selecting Indicators, and then remove the indicator.

Comment

Help with removing corrupt script

Good Morning
                        "From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again."
                        Need assistance Please
                        How can I remove corrupt indicator
                        Tks
                        Srq1
                        Last edited by sixbunches; 09-06-2016, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Hello sixbunches,

You can remove an indicator by clicking on Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator.

Then, select the indicator and click Delete.

Alternatively, you can navigate to the Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator folder on your computer and delete an indicator there. Please ensure you do not delete any indicators starting with an @ or UserDefinedMethods.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post DynamicTest  
                          Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes