cant help but asking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant help but asking

Hello NT forum and yes this is directed at the members who post the most and help out here. Don't know who else to ask for a constructive answer.
    Why is that NT can to a certain extent run a indefinite "Beta" to find the bugs?
    Is it that there engineeers are not capable?
    Other platforms readily available (yes have betas) but not to an extent of NT.
    Kudos for trying to work out all the bugs, but goodness should they not already through internal testing "know these issues" they are in fact a Brokerage and platform provider?
    Thanks

have to add that it is 2016 and all the advancements, bells whistles your adding dont even address many "request,issues" stemming back from nt6.5"
    Back to 2016 all the stuff your adding by any means is cool but should not pose a problem if correctly implemented within the structure of the platform. Again it is 2016 and your not re-inventing the wheel.
    Thanks again
    No mis-intentions intended just cant seem to comprehend the business model
    Last edited by newbie0101; 08-12-2016, 03:02 PM.

The user community couldn't wait and kept demanding they put something out. I don't know where those people are anymore. I think they left.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
      The user community couldn't wait and kept demanding they put something out. I don't know where those people are anymore. I think they left.
      Hi sledge hopefully you did not take my post as trying to be smartass, as was not intended for that purpose and appreciate your reply.
      Just seems like things are dragging along and with previously mentioned issues throughout the NT forum thread- seemingly lots has been lost.
      Take care

Comment

Hello NT forum and yes this is directed at the members who post the most and help out here. Don't know who else to ask for a constructive answer.
        Why is that NT can to a certain extent run a indefinite "Beta" to find the bugs?
        Kudos for trying to work out all the bugs, but goodness should they not already through internal testing "know these issues" they are in fact a Brokerage and platform provider?
        Thanks

have to add that it is 2016 and all the advancements, bells whistles your adding dont even address many "request,issues" stemming back from nt6.5"
        Back to 2016 all the stuff your adding by any means is cool but should not pose a problem if correctly implemented within the structure of the platform. Again it is 2016 and your not re-inventing the wheel.
        Thanks again
        The engineers are competent, very competent IMHO. We have to remember that NT8 is a complete rewrite of a very extensive platform whose focus has also changed. It is fairly evident that pre-NT8, NT was a platform designed for traders, and could be extended by programmers: NT8 looks much more like a development platform for programmers, that traders can use.

Again IMHO, the mistake was not that the Beta is too long, but that the initial release date promised was too early. Ray should have held off trying to get NT8 out early, with a specified date, and just continued in-house development and testing. The platform is now just too large for short, simple unit testing.

However, that being said, I do not think that this Beta has been too long. I would much rather have a robust platform released when ready, than a rush to release vaporware. My only real beef is that they moved to open beta while there were still unresolved issues from the closed beta, but that is just me cavilling like the the pendejo that I am.

Just my $0.02.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie0101 View Post
          Thanks

Thanks again
          We want to release the best product possible. As Koganam mentioned, NinjaTrader 8 is a completely new platform built from the ground up. We've had an open beta for some time now, and this is intentional - We've been actively adding and adjusting features based on user feedback.

Is there a specific issue that you are running into which is unresolved? If so, please provide me specific detail so I may attempt to reproduce the issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by briansaul, Today, 05:31 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post briansaul  
          Started by fwendolynlpxz, Today, 05:19 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes