Automate strategy disappear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automate strategy disappear

So the sample strategy and the ones I set yesterday disappeared, blank tab.
    Where did it go
    Need help
    Sixbunches

Hello sixbunches, and thank you for question.

Could you clarify, the name of the strategy and the source of the strategy?

If you right-click in your strategies window, and "Filter Only Active Strategies" is checked, please uncheck it.

It is possible you experienced a database reset. If this is the case, you will need to manually re-add your strategies to this tab. Once you have done so, I recommend creating a back-up file by visiting File -> Utilities -> Backup, checking all the boxes, and pushing the backup button at the bottom. You will want to OK any prompts and browse to an appropriate location in your filesystem if asked.

Please let us know if there is any other way we can help.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Long and Short strategy

Good Morning
      Do I set a long strategy separete that a short and once says, the long is engage on ES, isit going engage NQ if conditions apply? or do I have to have a long and short for each instrument

Comment

If you would like to track two instruments in a single strategy, the plural Positions series exists which allows you to track your MarketPosition for different instruments separately. I am including a link to the help guide documentation.

I am also providing help guide documentation on EnterLong and EnterShort. Of interest to you is the override which takes a BarsInProgressIndex as an argument.

As an example, if you wanted to go long on your ES instrument and short on your NQ instrument, and your ES was your primary and your NQ was your secondary data series, you would

Code:
        [FONT=Courier New]if (BarsInProgress == 0 && Positions[0].MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Flat)
        {
          EnterLong(0 /* this is the BarsInProgress index", 1 /* this is the quantity */, "ES Entry Signal");
        }
        if (BarsInProgress == 1 && Positions[1].MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Flat)
        {
          EnterShort(1, 1, "NQ Entry Signal");
        }[/FONT]
        Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.

Comment

Long and Short strategy

Jesica, I am using wizard, to not get more confused, dont like script can you resnd pls. or can we do a remote acsses to fix this pls\
          Sixbunches

Comment

We would be more than happy to do a remote access session with you. Please send an e-mail to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com . If you would like this to go to me, please include "Attn: NinjaTrader_JessicaP 1557975" in your subject line. Please also state a clear goal we can accomplish in 20 minutes in your e-mail. I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Long and Short strategy

Jesica
              I got a email 2 day ago with all the links and videos to set up strategy wizard, LOST IT,
              cant find it, can you pls resend tks
              Sixbunches

Comment

Long and Short strategy

Ah, tks, pls let me try it again myself, if not I will request remote again tks

Comment

I asked an administrator to help me find any e-mail exchanges between us by your forums ID, and I was unsuccessful. If you still need us to resend you an e-mail, please send an e-mail as instructed above from the e-mail address you used with us last time. This will make it easier for us to locate the e-mails we sent to you.

Comment

Long and Short strategy

Jessica, I am still waiting for help:
                    1.- Waiting for email from Zachary from saturday for setting automated trading/strategy wizard videos etc.
                    2.- strategy wont collect data, and wont abort unless I close program
                    3.- Now I am requesting remoto help\
                    my cell # is XXX-XXX-XXXX (removed)
                    Thank you
                    Javier
                    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brandon; 08-16-2016, 01:19 PM.

Comment

auto trade

Jessica,
                      Can you call me now. stuck on setting quantity for strategy.
                      Thanks,
                      Sixbunches
                      Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 08-17-2016, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Hello sixbunches,

I just wanted to follow up on our support call. I'm glad we were able to get you to a place where you could continue developing your strategy. NinjaTrader does compile all your source at once, so if any source file has a syntax error in it, none of them will compile. Please don't hesitate to reach out again if there is any other way we can help.

One thing that I would like to ask, is that you refrain from posting PII (Personally Identifying Information) in the forums, such as your phone number. If you would like me to get ahold of you by phone, please send an e-mail to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com , with Attn:NinjaTrader_JessicaP in the subject line if you would like me to speak with you personally.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Javierw.ok  
                        Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes