Interactive brokers data limitations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive brokers data limitations

is there a way to over come IB data limitation, I am running my strategy over 1000 stock symbols but I can't even goth through the first hundred before IB blocks the data,
    I was thinking if I put a small delay (few seconds or more) in my code it will avoid this ,
    Any idea how to code a delay(pause) ?

Also is there any other free data provides for TsxV (eod) kinetick and yahoo don't have TsxV data thus I am using IB, Google has data fo TSXV but symbol mapping is not working
    What is the correct symbol mapping for TsxV stocks ?

Hello maaz1598,

Unfortuantely, there is not a way to avoid this historical data limitation with IB when requesting large amounts of data through the API.

The script itself is not what is requesting the data, the NinjaTrader core is what is doing this using the same method that gets data for a chart.

You could load smaller amounts of data at a time until the historical data is up to date and then start the strategy.

(In other words, use the Historical Data Manager to download the data, 1 instrument at a time, a few weeks at a time, until all of the historical data needed for the time period of the charts or backtest period is covered)
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post arvidvanstaey  
    Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
    16 responses
    0 likes