Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with drawing objects on different chart formats

2 questions:

1) Recently I have had an issue drawing line objects on different charts - Vol and Tick charts. In replay mode, if I draw an object using the draw toolbox, on a tick chart (with volume charts also open) and have the default set to all charts, the system hangs and I have to ctrl-All-del out. If I turn the "all chart" default off it appears to work fine but obviously I have to manual draw the lines on each chart. I don't believe I had the issue in the past. I thought I had a corrupt file so started with a fresh copy of ninja and new workspace. the issue repeated. At this point just have all chart option turned off. any comments?

2) Simple one, where can I find the option for a line to go across chart extending from the current price mark. Heck if I can find it on any chart setup or chart properties.
    Thank you in advance

Originally posted by yngtrader View Post
    2 questions:

1) Recently I have had an issue drawing line objects on different charts - Vol and Tick charts. In replay mode, if I draw an object using the draw toolbox, on a tick chart (with volume charts also open) and have the default set to all charts, the system hangs and I have to ctrl-All-del out. If I turn the "all chart" default off it appears to work fine but obviously I have to manual draw the lines on each chart. I don't believe I had the issue in the past. I thought I had a corrupt file so started with a fresh copy of ninja and new workspace. the issue repeated. At this point just have all chart option turned off. any comments?

2) Simple one, where can I find the option for a line to go across chart extending from the current price mark. Heck if I can find it on any chart setup or chart properties.
    Thank you in advance
    1) I suspect there may be an object within your templates which is corrupted, This would not be replaced or removed when you uninstalled. As a test, go to Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Move the "templates" folder to your desktop. After this, please uninstall, reinstall NinjaTrader, and test.

2) There is an indicator available from our forums which will plot a "price line". This indicator is publicly available for free from our forum (registration required, but is free)

Here is a basic guideline of how to Import NinjaScripts.
    • Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    • From the Control Center window select the menu File> Utilities> Import NinjaScript
    • Select the downloaded .zip file
    • NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
    • Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:

Right click you chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK

Comment

1) When I reloaded NT last time I started from ground zero, I didn't use any piece of the NT. So I started from a blank fresh template
      2)Thanks for the price line indicator.

Comment

Originally posted by yngtrader View Post
        1) When I reloaded NT last time I started from ground zero, I didn't use any piece of the NT. So I started from a blank fresh template
        2)Thanks for the price line indicator.
        I am not sure if you mean you are still experiencing something unexpected or everything is resolved. If you are still experiencing unexpected behavior, please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1558905 ATTN Patrick G and also include a link to this forum post

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post yertle
        by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes