Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Columns in tabs of control center

Hello,

I want to ask please if it is possible (or would be possible in NT8) to have a column in the strategy-tab for bringing in by the user to each strategy a variable or name. The reason for asking is that this would help to disable and enable strategies selected more easily by sorting from this column.

If one has a lot of strategies enabled and wants to disable at news time eg all fx pairs with NZD one could sort by this user-column. Now I can sort by instrument, but there are pairs where NZD is not the first one in the instruments name.

Or I have autostrategies for futures and also strategies that work different from autostrats and during news time I want to disable some of them.

So, this would be a great help. Of course not when working with 3 strategies only. But when you program this great software and one can do more things with it, then the handling might be adapted to this. I dont try to push a big nail in the wood with a little hammer. Know what I mean?

Best
    Tony

Hello Tony,

I have forwarded your request to development.

Comment

Hello,

when I simply plug off internet cable before news and lets say 5 min after news I re-connect. How does NT behave? Could there be immediately a fill when connecting for a condition true maybe 1 min before connecting? (or as I´m working with rangebars, if a condition was true few bars ago, but NT executes with connection now?) This would be an easy solution in my opinion for not disabling and enabling lot of strategies.

Thanks
      Tony

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your response.

Your suggestion has been assigned the id SFT-1570.

For your latest question, if the order is at the broker server or exchange it could potentially fill during that time. When NinjaTrader reconnects it would get an update on the order from the brokerage technology connected.

Comment

Hello,

sorry if my question was inaccurate in english.

Of course, if the order is at broker it will be filled or whatever. I mean with my question when flat and strategies enabled and when unplugging internet-cable before news (all flat, script strategies enabled) and then when reconnecting after news then NT fills up with bars this time, no? Might there be an entry possible? (or maybe not because of time difference between when condition true and exact computer time now - or whatever?)

Thanks
          Tony
          Last edited by tonynt; 08-25-2016, 12:46 AM. Reason: translation error

Comment

tonynt,

There would be the potential for a condition to return true and thus submit an order when you reconnect as the historical data is re-calculated when you re-enable the strategy.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
            24 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post spwizard  
            Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Max238