Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick replay and blank chart

Hello,

I tried to use tick replay on chart to get cumulative delta. but all i get is blank chart, even if i try to load even 1 day only. I used Ninjatrader8.

Thanks.

Hello VVTrader,

Thank you for writing in and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.0.X)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected?
    • (For a chart) what interval is selected?
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Version is 8.0.0.12 64-bit (Multi-Broker) - BETA. It was connected to yahoo and kinetic (end of day)

I tried it with AAPL with daily and 30 min bars and tried with 10 days, yesterday only and this day.

I did not get error messages.

Thanks for fast reply.

Comment

Hello VVTrader,

The free Kinetick End of Day and Yahoo feeds only provide historical daily data. Historical tick data is not provided.

You will need to connect to a data provider that provides historical tick data.

Please take a look at this help guide link for information about what data is provided by each supported connectivity provider: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Now i tried with simulated data feed. It gives blank screens also with or with out tick replay.

I used all kind of time scales and new charts.

Is it possible to test cumulative delta indicator with simulated data feed?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello VVTrader,

I would like to note that the Simulated Data Feed will not generate historical data on your chart, hence the blank chart. This is going to just generate real-time fake data.

I am not familiar with how the cumulative delta indicator you are referring to functions, so I will be unable to answer if it functions with the Simulated Data Feed. If it requires historical data, you will need to allow the Simulated Data Feed to run for a while to have bars of data generate for you as real-time data on the chart becomes historical as time passes.

Comment

The problem was that it did not generate any data, Even if i tried with different time scales.
              And i was wondering does it generate fake ticks "market orders" or just price movements.

Comment

Hello VVTrader,

What instrument are you attempting to chart in the Simulated Data Feed?

This connection is a random internally generated market and has NO correlation to real market data.

Comment

Apple and few other stocks. I restarted Ninjatader to see what instruments i used and now the simulated data feed works. And it seems to produce fake market orders.

Thanks for fast reply and sorry that i bothered you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post marcus2300  
                  Started by fernandobr, Today, 09:11 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post fernandobr