Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT freezing

Hi-

I am using NT in sim mode, with Zen Fire data. I have used it for a number of months in this configuration. I have a very new computer with specs that I think are over and above what is needed. Nonetheless the program freezes or hangs up ALL the time. Especially when the markets start moving quickly, but either way it happens. I can't even consider going real time if I am going to risk not being able to get in or out of a trade. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Thanks,

Sally

Hello Sally,

Thank you for your post.

Please confirm that your internet connection is in good order when you expierence the freezing you describe.

What .NET version are you running on your machine? You will need .NET version 2.0.

You can view the rest of the minimum PC specs here:

Is it just the charts that are freezing or the entire platform?
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ben-

Thanks for your response. I do have the correct net 2 - I looked at the min requirements yesterday and I have over and above most of them. I didn't check my screen resolution but I wouldn't think that would affect freezing. My internet connection is working for everything else- its cable. I have a router as well but again working for everything else. The DOM is freezing- the charts do as well sometimes but I"m not paying attention to that as much so maybe haven't noticed. A while ago I did get a link ( can't find it now) from someone at NT regarding things that might help NT run better- like turning off recording for playback possibly- there were a few things - I don't remember, but the link was to somewhere on your web site.

Thanks,
      Sally

Comment

Hello Sally,

I believe this is the link you are referring to:

If these tips do not help please re-post.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

"Stuttering"

I have been experiencing a similar issue with Ninja Trader, that only just began today.

Everything has been running 100% perfect up until today when I started experiencing what I would describe as stuttering or pausing of the data feed. Every few seconds, NT will freeze for a few moments -- everything -- chart, T&S, DOM, etc. and then it will come back to life with price jumping from where it was before the pause/stutter to where it currently is (sometimes many tics, sometimes unchanged). Whereas before today I have always had very responsive price movement with no pauses or stutters.

My system is well above the minimum specs, my internet connection has not changed, no new software has been installed, no new custom indicators are being used, nothing at all has changed except Ninja Trader's responsiveness. I also recorded some of today to see if the stuttering would show up in playback, and it does. The playback timer also shows the pauses/stutters in the time counter.

Has anyone experienced similar issues, and how did you solve them?

Thanks!

P.S. The data feed I am using is Zen-fire

Comment

freezing

Hi Ben,

Since I am mainly concerned with the DOM at this time ( not using the charts too much), I checked:
            Miscellaneous
            • Within the Control Center window, select Tools > Options > Data and uncheck "Run market replay recorder"
            • Within the Control Center window, select Tools > Options > Data and uncheck *"Store real-time bar data"
            • Reduce the number of applications running on your PC

Store real time bar data was checked so I unchecked it. Nothing else was checked in that window. The only other application I am running is e-signal. I do have quite a few charts and quotes up on esignal and 3 or 4 DOMs up on NT. Using NT with Zen Fire, Esignal with its own data. Maybe it will work better with the store real-time data unchecked. I will report back. Thanks-

Sally

Comment

Same here..constant jiggyness when the market picks up.

Already posted in another thread.

When running the exact same setup on a Core 2Duo 2.0ghz I have no issues..however on my P4 3.0ghz HT..it's been happening even since I've updated to 6.5 1000.4. I even ordered a new computer yesterday thinking I might be starting to fall back in what I need to run my set up. Oddly only NT slows like this.

D.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post xiinteractive  
              Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes