Data Type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Type

I'm looking to purchase extended historical data for several contracts. ES, YM, NQ etc.... I have several questions and hoped someone might be able to help.

1. What is the total file size that NT7 soon to convert to NT8 can handle? If there is a limit is there a work around?
    2. The data will be used for back testing. What type of data do I need ex. OHLC or OHLC with bid/ask. So what type of data does the back test function use?
    3. If I purchase this data and upload to NT7 or 8 and then subsequently connect to my real time data provider (IQFeed) will this over write or remove the historical data I have uploaded?
    4. We are testing charts that use tick and sec intervals. Does this change or require anything different with regard to data?

If anyone has some experience with these issues some feed back would be great. Thanks for the help.

GuppyDRV

Hello,
    There is not a file size limit for NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8.
    The Strategy Analyzer analyzes the data as OHLC data. To get Bid and Ask Data in the Strrategy Analyzer you will need to add those data series into your script. If you are planning on using bid and ask data you will need to get the total series for the bid series and ask series.
    Any data that you have downloaded into NinjaTrader would not be written over when connecting.
    If you are going to be backtesting tick or second data series you will need to have your historical data be tick data.
    If we can be of any other assistance please let us know.
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes