Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion

Would be nice if you could have a column in the market analyzer where you can put statements based on the other cells regardless of time frames and other stuff... like fx:

IF "Cell 01" = 1
    & "Cell 02" > 80
    THEN ''''Ring alarm bell''' // (or "Cell 03" background color = red fx)

...or something like that.
    I cant understand why this is not implemented since it would make things a lot easier in my opinion than building strategies and all sorts of complex indicators to do the same.

Hello m96gran,

Thank you for your post and feedback, I'll certianly forward to our Development team for future feature consideration.

As a note, our beta product NinjaTrader 8 does have a much more robust alert system. You are able to create more multiple alter conditions for a single alert like you have outlined. See the below link for more information.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ing_alerts.htm

You may download NinjaTrader 8 and learn more information about he NinjaTrader 8 beta from the link below.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/?beta.htm
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks,
      Ok, I'll have a look at version 8.

But what I know from version 7 it seems to be hard (impossible?) to make an indicator/strategy/alarm based on variables or indicators on different time frames.. I'm not an expert on this since I'm new to Ninja Trader but I didn't find any obvious solution, at least nothing directly staring in my face so to speak :-) Even though it would be very useful.

It would be very easy to solve this if you could just put IF/THEN statements about the cell values directly into the Market Analyzer.
      Then "Cell 01" could fx show the result of an indicator put on the 240min time frame.. and "Cell 02" could show the result of an other indicator put on the 60min time frame.. and an alert (or just a 3rd value) could easily be based on those two or several more cells without making things complicated at all.

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

You're correct, out-of-the-box NinjaTrader 7's alerts do require you to enter a numeric value for the alert conditions. Cross above/below if/than conditions are possible only via custom programming.

If you're a programmer yourself, let me know and I can have our NinjaScript team follow up with tips on creating these kinds of alters. If you're not a programmer, our NinjaTrader Ecosystem team can advise third-party consultants that assist clients in developing custom tools for use in NinjaTrader.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post rocketman7  
        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
        2 responses