can a chart strategies window be set to be the default values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can a chart strategies window be set to be the default values

can a chart strategies window be set to be the default values, to minimze the typing i must do each time i create a chart?

Originally posted by joemiller View Post
    can a chart strategies window be set to be the default values, to minimze the typing i must do each time i create a chart?
    Can you clarify - are you referring to automated trading strategies (automatically placed trades)? Or are you referring to ATM strategies (manually placed trades)?

If you could, please include a screenshot of what you're referring to so I can be sure I am giving you the correct information.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	NINJA CHART STRATEGIES WINDOW.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	265.2 KB
ID:	878992
      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      Can you clarify - are you referring to automated trading strategies (automatically placed trades)? Or are you referring to ATM strategies (manually placed trades)?

If you could, please include a screenshot of what you're referring to so I can be sure I am giving you the correct information.
      i am using it when employing automatically placed trades

image attached ... i hope.

Comment

You can set defaults for your strategies by right-clicking on the strategy settings and choosing "Set Default for XXX".
        Attached Files

Comment

thanks patrick.

does the same general concept of setting default values for strategy windows apply for ATM strategies (manually placed trades) that you mentioned? i don't even know if they are similar strategy windows?

can one accomplish basically the same thing auto trading and manual trading with strategies?

please provide me with a link that might help me to understand all this.

Comment

Originally posted by joemiller View Post
            thanks patrick.

does the same general concept of setting default values for strategy windows apply for ATM strategies (manually placed trades) that you mentioned? i don't even know if they are similar strategy windows?

can one accomplish basically the same thing auto trading and manual trading with strategies?

please provide me with a link that might help me to understand all this.
            These are completely different tools for completely different purposes. Automated strategies will place trades according to their programmed logic without your intervention:

ATM strategies are for discretionary trades:

You can save ATM templates:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin  
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses