Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MA performance problem

Hi,

I installed the latested NT release however MA performance is really bad after installation. If I click a symbol in MA, it will take at least one minute to draw the linked chart. I set my chart to only look back 1 day of history data (so it only shows today's data) but the performance is the same. I don't have this problem with earlier release. Does anyone has the same problem? What is the solution? Thanks!

SunnyRain

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I am not able to reproduce the time lag behavior you describe.

Please tell me what steps you are taking to produce this and I will test it.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Ben,

I have about 70 symbols in MA. It is linked to a 1-minute chart. I just click one of the 70 symbols and NT shows a small dialogue box with something like "load xx symbol" and after a long delay, the chart is shown. Although it was not super fast with ealier release, it is not this slow. I use IB connection. In majority of cases, I start NT before market opens.

One more thing, I run NT side by side with TradeStation on two different computers. I noticed that quote is refreshed slower in NT than in TS. For example, TS showed DECK at 125.71 and quite a few seconds later, NT showed this price. I remember that NT used to be faster than TS. I am really confused by this new release.

Thanks,

SunnyRain
      Last edited by sunnyrain; 07-10-2008, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Hello,

70 symbols is a lot of symbols. Consider each symbol like a chart and each indicator you have on each symbol like an indicator on a chart. This is CPU intensive.

I recommend reviewing this performance link that is specific to the Market Analyzer:

DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes