Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts not updating

Hi.
    This has happened two days in a row now but today was unrecoverable making it a write off.
    I connected to external datafeed - data was streaming in as seen in Bid ASk of chart trader and BID ASK Last in Control Centers Order Center. However once the session began, the charts in my workspace never updated. Yesterday, I changed the timeframe to something else and back again and that fixed the problem. Today, nothing happened. I reloaded nonjascript, nothing happened. I closed the workspace and reopened, nothing happened. I changed data feeds to OpenTick and repeated the above and nothing happened. I then decided to open a new chart and it started updaing that chart at that time 9h39. Reloading the historical data just corrupted all my ticks I collected for this week as backfill has discrepancies (not a NT issue).

Does anyone know if this is a known problem and whats the fix?

thanks

Some notes
    --Session times are correct,
    --Haven't used Market replay for a while

Comment

Alternatively, I could scrap workspaces altogether and just save chart templates and open new ones every session. Would this guarantee reliability? The assumption being the logic upon opening a new chart is more dependable.

Comment

Please make sure you are on the latest release 6.5.1000.4.

If you believe it is your workspace I would suggest building a new workspace and comparing the performance. If it is better you can delete the old workspace as it is possible the workspace became corrupted. Also please verify that you do not have Google Desktop installed as it can corrupt both your database and workspaces.

Since you are using TradeStation data you can reload the historical data with these instructions:

JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jessica View Post
          Please make sure you are on the latest release 6.5.1000.4.
          Yes, I am running that version.
          If you believe it is your workspace I would suggest building a new workspace and comparing the performance. If it is better you can delete the old workspace as it is possible the workspace became corrupted.
          I don't believe its the workspace itself as I tried the same steps with the Default Workspace which was set up similarly and had the same problem. I will try this anyhow with an entirely new workspace. Unfortunately this can only be tested at session open times to replicate. If it fails, the day is a writeoff as I cannot do a backfill reliably (again the unreliable data is not in NT but from source).

Also please verify that you do not have Google Desktop installed as it can corrupt both your database and workspaces.
          No Google desktop here.

Since you are using TradeStation data you can reload the historical data with these instructions:

http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ownloader.html
          Not sure if I mentioned TradeStation, but I am not a TradeStation subscriber. At the moment, I am using OpenTick exclusively and soon I will connect to IB as well.

I guess the only thing I am hearing is that workspaces can get corrupted. If this is the case, creating a second workspace although can point to the problem but eventually it too can get corrupted. So is opening a new chart the only solution?

thanks

Comment

This may be more of a connection issue than a charting issue.

You said you are not using TradeStation data- so why are you connecting to the external datafeed?

We have many happy customers using the workspaces, you can certainly go back to fresh charts, but this will likely take a little more time each morning.
            JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jessica View Post
              This may be more of a connection issue than a charting issue.

You said you are not using TradeStation data- so why are you connecting to the external datafeed?

We have many happy customers using the workspaces, you can certainly go back to fresh charts, but this will likely take a little more time each morning.
              I have created an OpenTick client that feeds only Bid/Ask/Last data to NTClient, hence the need for external datafeed. However, I have tried this with the built in OpenTick Feed and I have the same problem, charts not updating until a new chart is opened. Even then, the updates only happen at the time the chart was opened, even though the data had been streaming in well before that (and within session times).

I'm not quite sure what your suggestion is to make sure this doesn't happen again, or rather why it ahppened in the first place.

btw, I am very happy and impressed with NT and its capabilites, just a little concerned about this issue. My trading involves accurate real time collection of tick data with no overwrites. If a few minutes are missing for an unknown reason, I cannot rely on my indicators with any confidence forcing me to call it a day.

thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
              Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
              6 responses
              0 likes