Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Why Data Analyzer is not taking all trades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Data Analyzer is not taking all trades?

Hi,

I have created a simple indicator for buys and sells. The indicator has been put in a strategy that I'm backtesting in the 8am-12pm time range going back the last 8 months. Looking at the trades in the "chart" tab, I see that Data Analyzer is sometimes failing to initiate a trade after a buy/sell signal and while in the correct time range and while the account is flat.

What I would like Data Anayzer do is, every time the account is flat, take a new trade according to the indicator while in the desired time range and hold until stop or target are hit, then rinse and repeat until end of time range.

Thanks for any help.

Hello nitroblower,

Thank you for writing in.

What debugging steps have you already done with your code to ensure that the conditions used for entry are becoming true as expected?

Our support forum provides a very helpful link here that describes some debugging approaches: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...58&postcount=1

Are you seeing your conditions becoming true but your orders are still not being submitted?

If so, with TraceOrders enabled (the link above also provides information about using TraceOrders), what output do you see in the Output Window pertaining to the orders?
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Zachary,

My debugging has been to overlay the indicator on the chart and see that some trades are missed while flat and in the correct time range. I have tried the TraceOrder method as suggested but it shows no entry for the times where a buy/sell signal is triggered by the indicator. Those signals seem completely overlooked.

See attached charts:
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello nitroblower,

I would suggest adding prints to your strategy logic to ensure that the conditions that you have specified for entry in your strategy are becoming true rather than relying visually from an indicator.

Below I am providing a link to a video that demonstrates adding prints to a script to get further information about the behavior of the script.

Dive into manipulating C# code from within an unlocked NinjaScript strategy using the NinjaScript Editor.NinjaTrader 7 is an award winning end to end online ...

Comment

need help add indicator to Market Analizer

Hi All,
          I have indicator that plots dots on the chart for buy and sell. When I add it in the market analyzer it only print the price there for all the plots (buy and sell) can someone please guide me how I can print buy and sell text in market analyzer for that indie...

thank in advance

Bill

Comment

Hello billsingh,

Thank you for writing in.

You won't be able to print out text. The output in the Market Analyzer is based on the value of a plot in the indicator.

What I would suggest is creating an additional plot in your indicator that will output a 1 for buy or a 0 for sell, for example.

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes