Demo account removing trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demo account removing trades

I am using a demo account on NT to paper trade the weekly and daily charts.

When I keep a position open for around 20 days or more, trades are completely vanishing from the chart and Control Center. Please see the attached gpor.jpg as an example. 10 were bought, 5 were sold 17 days later. There should be a further 5 long remaining but they are nowhere to be seen!!

I aim to close out losing positions quickly and stay in those trending well for days or weeks. Therefore, a lot of winning trades in progress are completely vanishing (open over a few weeks), and all of the losing trades are being listed in my P&L (open only a few days).

I have spoken to support, and they said "This is expected in simulation. After a sim order has been held for too long, NinjaTrader will remove the order." "Many users trying to learn the platform leave orders on unknowingly. This is to help prevent issues with that."

Surely it's up to beginners to learn how to use the system properly. Nobody can learn anything if the system is removing trades, beginner or otherwise.

How has nobody had an issue with this before? Learning to trade is hard enough without a system that removes trades, thereby completely skewing results.
    Attached Files

It is a known limitation of the NinjaTrader 7 simulator that positions older than 31 days will not appear.

This limitation does not exist in NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Kaledus
    by Kaledus

Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
    1 response
    0 likes