Same Account / Multiple Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same Account / Multiple Machines

I am using NT + Zen Fire to trade through Mirus Futures right now. Is it possible to connect to the same Mirus account on two different computers? One of the computers would not be inputting/modifying any orders.. I just need it so that a client can view what orders are being executed in real-time. I tried it, and when I log into the second computer, I get disconnected from the first computer. Is there any way around this?

Unfortunately not. One login per computer. This is usually the case with most brokerages/data feeds. If you could connect with multiple computers you could easily just share it with all your friends and then they wouldn't be making any money. Thanks for understanding.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Seems fair enough. I still need to devise a way to send alerts based on executions. Are executions dumped to a log file of some sort that can be read by the user? If so, I can probably write some software to monitor the log file, extract execution information, and send e-mail alerts.

Comment

You can send email alerts straight from the NinjaScript Strategy. Check out SendMail().
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I wanted to resurrect this thread because I have a related (or maybe the same) question.

My current broker allows me to log in to a single account from multiple computers. Here's how I use it: I have my main trading computer logged (DSL) in and my laptop logged in (via mobile phone).

I place and manage orders from the main computer. In the case of internet connection failure or a crash of the main computer, I can just spin my chair around and quickly manage the orders from my laptop.

I am inferring from this thread that this same setup might not be possible with Ninja Trader?

Comment

Hello dmartell,

Thank you for your post.

You can use your NinjaTrader license on as many computers as you would like. However, you cannot use your NinjaTrader license on more than one computer at the same time.

You would need to close any instance of NinjaTrader on computer A before opening NinjaTrader on computer B.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can I use live ninja license for order execution and charting on one computer, and having sim account only for charting on the other at the same time ? Thanks.

Comment

Hi jk541,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you could have a live NinjaTrader running on one computer and a demo NinjaTrader running on another.

Comment

Thanks Kyle,

To further clarify, I guess my question is can I have 2 separate installations of Ninja Trader, each with their own license and each on their own machine; both connected to the same brokerage account at the same time?

Comment

Hi dmartell,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, this should work provided that your brokerage supports multiple connections to the same account.

Comment

Thanks, Kyle !
                      The username and the password can be the same for both computers,
                      or for demo I need another user name and password from my broker ?

Comment

Hi jk541,

Thank you for your reply.

You will need to contact your broker for more information regarding this question.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Javierw.ok  
                        Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes