Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotspot thru TT

Hi,

I dont understand something; NT connects with TT and TT support Hotspot (via FIX).

Meaning that we can drive Hotspot data to Ninjatrader, because of the TT support?

Or is your TT support limited? If so, why does TT doesnt saying anything about it?

Thanks for your anwsers...

FCM's must configure and either be an IB or Prime Broker to deal with HotSpot through TT.

NinjaTrader willl support HotSpot through Zen-Fire shortly.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      FCM's must configure and either be an IB or Prime Broker to deal with HotSpot through TT.

Yes, TT told me the same; Hotspot must open the FIX gateway for the account.

I contacted Hotspot and they can do that (ofcourse).

Anyway...I just wanted to know for sure, before I decide to test Hotspot in combination with TT thru NT.

So you are saying, if Hotspot open FIX, NT will not have problems connecting to TT as TT will pass my Hotspot data thru via FIX.

Comment

Unfortunately that is not what I am saying. In addition to the reasons I mentioned, NT would also need to support FX through TT connection which we don't at this time, nor have any current plans to do so.

Comment

Aha...well that's sneaky of TT then, as they didn't told that; I mean...they must have knowledge about there TT connector with NT - especially if they said that Hotspot must op the FIX gateway for that account -. So going with the 'marketing-flow' I thought FX was also supported.

Anyway Ray...thanks again for your fast and great respond(s); Waiting for Zen-fire then (or go with IQFeed)...I inquired with both of them all already.

So for my clear understanding...except the part that NT supports a (broker) connector, NT must do internal adjustments for that (broker) connector to support the different types of market, like futures, spot FX, etc etc...I'm I understanding this correctly?
          Last edited by FlashCall; 07-13-2008, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Yeah. To keep it simple you could say that.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post

does this mean we will be able to trade hotspot, or just view datafeed?

if trading, can we use existing hotspot accounts or we should get an account with futures zenfire broker?

if we must get a zenfire account, but already have one, does this mean our zenfire broker will support hotspot? or will only certain zenfire brokers support hotspot?

Comment

Trade it yes. I can't answer the other questions at this time since I don't know yet.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes