Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Rithmic Data with free/paid NT

Good day,

Is it possible to connect a Live Rithmic Datafeed to Free Edition/Paid License Ninjatrader just for charting purposes and use some indicators? Not trading. In the Connection Setup there are a few different datafeed options there, so I'm assuming it's possible. I haven't tested yet. Do I need some kind of License or something like that?

Regards

Hello edgarlemos,

Thank you for your post,

Yes, you can connect the data feed only for charting purposes and even simulation trading if you would like to. You would only need to purchase a license if you would like to live trade the account using the NinjaTrader platform.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage.

http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide

To open a chart, go to File > New > Chart. Double-click the instrument from the Default list or use the "..." button to search and press New. Once selected, you may use the Type drop-down menu to the right to select the Type of chart you would like to open then enter the correspoinding value.. Press OK to open the chart.

You may also access these settings again from an already open chart by right clicking > Data Series.

Please see the below section of our help guide for more on Charting.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...tml?charts.htm

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your fast response @NinjaTrader_EricB!

What I exactly mean was that I already have a Rithmic Connection not a Rithmic for NInjatrader Brokerage. Can this be connected too? What about CQG connections for the same purposes?
      If this can't be done, How could I apply for a Rithmic Connection and what are the costs?

Regards
      Last edited by edgarlemos; 09-09-2016, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Hello edgarlemos,

Thank you for your reply, glad to help!

In this scenario, It would be best to send an email to PlatformSales[AT]NinjaTrader[Dot]Com. Let them know the name of your broker or brokers and that you use Rithmic and CQG -- If you have ever purchased a license key, include the key as well.

They'll be able to let you know the broker is supported to use Rithmic / CQG with NinjaTrader, or if a different broker / data feed connection would be needed.

Comment

@NinjaTrader_EricB,

My brokerage said that they no longer support Ninja, as well as all the majority of the brokers except the ones that one can buy a license for (in the ninjatrader website). Despite that, in the Free License version of NInjatrader there is a lot of connection options such as CQG and Rithmic.
          I don't have any Ninja license, so basically you are saying that I need to purchase a Rithmic connection to Ninjatrade brokerage? Could you tell me how much does that cost and if I have to open a trading accont?

Regards

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

You could attempt to connect your accounts with the CQG / Rithmic options in the list, though you likely would receive an error when attempting to connect that your broker is not supported.

You would need to open an account in order to be supplied with the market data feed, the credentials are sent after funding; BrokerageSales[AT]NinjaTrader[Dot}com can advise the cost items and details regarding opening the account.

As a note, the CQG data feed with NinjaTrader Brokerage is called "NinjaTrader Continuum" which is the same data feed, just branded specifically for the brokerage. They do use the same internal adapters and within NinjaTrader and access the same historical data servers.

Thank you for your use and interest in NinjaTrader!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post lorem
            by lorem

Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
            4 responses