Custom timeframes bars are not displayed correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom timeframes bars are not displayed correctly

Hello, I have many observations regardin custom timeframes and I would like to know if there is a way to find a remedy to these problems or they are just unfixed in the actual platform. See the screenshot below. Also, the problem persist on every custom timeframe, no matter the period. If there are timeframes others than divisors of Day (others that 1h (and below), 2h, 3h, 4h, 6, 8h and 12h , trading data are lost when a trading day between Monday and Friday is closing, resulting in eronated displayed data of indicators especially those based on Moving Average .
    Attached Files
    Last edited by slightly; 09-09-2016, 05:31 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I reviewed the items you had noted and it seems that these items can relate to the way the platform is intended to work. Because NinjaTrader works on the Bar Close, all times and bars are generated based on the Close time and displayed that was as well.

The session break marker would be displayed on the last bar of the session when it closes. The opening bar for the next session, when closed, would be displayed as the first bar after the session close line like you have displayed.

I could not really comment on how metatrader builds its bars as that is a completely different platform with different design goals. The charts in various different platforms can display data differently depending on the logic being used to build bars.

You could see the following page for more specific information on how bars are built in NinjaTrader: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...-us/charts.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

But what about custom period bars? If I we use 7h bars, informations are lost when trading day are closing. I talk about Forex, where we have 24x5 trading period wich should be considered like a trading day in stock. 24/24 5/5 .

I need a trading period starting from MOnday 00:00AM untill Saturday 00:00 AM . No more trading periods for Forex, just this to bo considered as a single trading period. is that possible? Wich setting should I set?
      Last edited by slightly; 09-11-2016, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Hello slightly,

Thank you for your response.

Right click in your Chart > select Data Series > set the Trading Hours to 'Default 24/7' > OK.
        For information on Trading Hours please visit the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ding_hours.htm

Comment

Hi Pattrick, your advice doesn't fulfill my needs.

Look... Do you agree with me that on 00:00 AM every Tuesday the Forex Market is Open ? I don't need the platform to consider 00:00 AM as EOD because data trading are lost when I use custom timeframes that are not divisors of 24. Think about that : at 23:00 PM, Monday, a 9h bar start. Until 00:00 AM there is one hour left. Actually, the platform will consider that one hour left as a 9h bar. No, I don;t need that. I just want to eliminate the EOD delimitation so I can have the 9h bar constructing in the next day. Do you understand what I mean? Forex Market is open 24/24 5/5 . I just want the platform to ignore the EOD between trading days Monday through Friday. The EOD, instead, I need to be created at the end of Friday 23:59 PM I mean 00:00AM Saturday. This is EOD (or more good said End of Trading Session) . That's what I need. Is there any way for that ?

In stocks, we have 6.5 hours trading period. After that, the session close . It's normal to be considered EOD, after 6.5 hours passed their is no market activity.

In Forex, instead, we have 24x5 hours trading period, I mean 120 hours continuous trading activity, After that, the session close. Isn't normal to be considered End of trading period when 120 hours passed, respectively when Friday night close at 00:00 AM ?
          Last edited by slightly; 09-13-2016, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Hello slightly,

There is no means to achieve what you wish through the Trading Hours templates. I will forward this to development as a feature request.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
              Hello slightly,

There is no means to achieve what you wish through the Trading Hours templates. I will forward this to development as a feature request.
              It will be great ! THank's

Comment

Hello,

This feature is has been assigned the tracking ID # SFT-1591.

Comment

Thank's, one question. How can I view the progress of these tracking ids ?

Comment

Hello slightly,

There is no tracking of the "progress" of a request. Each request is under consideration for possible implementation in a future release.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post algospoke  
                    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred