Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before NT-Live...Few queries

Hi Jason...

This is Yusuf. Just wanted to inform you that I have finally subscribed for Lifetime Licence for using NT. Before getting involved into live trading, I had few doubts I thought maybe I must clarify. Every time when I am starting NT and logging into the Account, the Log file shows a specific message about instrument BHP1. I don't know what it is and therefore I am sending you the screenshot of the Log Tab from my NT Control Centre. Also it shows some message about credited -0.001 something like that. Do I have to worry about it. Just wanted to be cautious befoe I start Live Trading. By the way, I opened an account with Mirus Futures, Zen-Fire feed.

Now, this is what I understood from the NT help guide to start trading Live.
    1 - Start NT and connect to Live Broker Account.
    2 - Disable File -> Global Simulation Mode
    3 - Start trading by placing orders.

This is how I believe it is going to work. Correct me if I am wrong.

Also while reading the help guide, I came to know that while placing orders, user has the flexibility to place Live Order or Demo Order by selecting Live Account or Sim101 Account. If that is true, could you please guide me as how can I do that, while I am logged into my Live Account.

Next, let us assume the condition where I had an open position with OCO order defining the Stop Loss (Stop Order, showing Accepted in the Order Tab) and Take Profit (Limit Order, showing Working in the Order Tab). After this scene established, assume that I have power failure or loss of connection. I just wanted to know which of these 2 orders will be executed once the market hit the set condition.

I have seen Flaten Everything at 12:00 AM option. How can I Stop it or make sure that open orders do not flaten at all unless closed.

Since last week, I am getting a pop-up Message screen stating, Cannot execute Order @ 1245 or something like that. I will try to take the screenshot of this message and post it to you. Also at this point of time, I did not have any open orders that I could imagine, system was trying to open. Anyway, it maybe difficult to spot unless I have taken the screenshot and posted it to you.

At the moment, I am just trying my hands on learning strategy development and my doubts were nicely clarified by Josh through NT Forum, thanks to him.

Alls well and I am about set to go, just gaining momentum on my everyday Demo Trading as I am still new to Futures Trading environment, I used to trade equities CFD before that I had stopped completely once I saw NT in its functional mode.

Your replies will clear my small little doubts and make me more confident of how I am going to trade using NT platform.

Thanks for your superb support line and replies,
    Best regards,
    Yusuf SHAIKH

Hi NT-Support,
    With reference to the above message, I am attaching the error screenshot as I got the same just now. Hope that helps to reply.
    Regards,
    Yusuf SHAIKH
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fy260498; 07-14-2008, 07:40 AM.

Jason is out of the office so I will respond to your questions.

"Log file shows a specific message about instrument BHP1"

Likely this is an instrument that was selected at one time. It is nothing to worry about but you can double check all of your windows to insure it is not selected, and then go to Tools--> Options--> Misc--> Repair DB. Also, save your workspace before shutting down and it should go away.

You are correct in the steps you listed to trade live but you will also select your live account from the account drop down menu of the order entry window you use (ex. SuperDOM, Chart Trader, etc.). This is also how you will be able to use the Sim101 or your live account at anytime.

As for you question about losing power this depends on your broker. Please review the following post on where orders reside.

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/vb/showthread.php?p=27076#post27076[/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Most brokers only support Day orders so you would need to be using a broker that supports GTC-Good Til Cancelled orders- which yours does not. Therefore you would need to adjust the time in this setting to account for any trading that will overlap 12:00 AM.[/FONT]

As for the order error message: please send us a note with the screen shot if it occurs again and we will review it for you.

Thank you and let us know if you have further questions.
    JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Screenshots of Error...

Hi Jessica,
      As required, I am sending the screenshot for the pop-up message that was stored today in the log file. It was so frequently happening that I found it difficult to focus on my chart data. Also I found that there were some open positions in Sim101 account that were not opened by me for sure. I don't know where these orders are coming from.
      I have repaired DB and restarted NT as per the instuctions but the error message regarding BHP1 keeps coming everytime in the log file. I used to test NT for australian Stock exchange before with eSignal datafeed. BHP1 is the symbol that I created in the Instrument Manager that represents stock BHP Billiton trading on ASX. However now I am subscribed to Zen fire and do not have any eSignal datafeed, then why am I getting this test done by NT everytime when I start NT. I am just wondering that it should not cause any problems in the future causing NT to stop responding or crash just because it cannot find BHP1.
      Referring to my previous request, I am still unsure of flatten everything issue as a reply is still anticipated. Can I disable Flaten everything option before I start Live Trading? Thanks for replying.

Regards,
      Yusuf SHAIKH
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fy260498 View Post
        Hi Jessica,
        As required, I am sending the screenshot for the pop-up message that was stored today in the log file. It was so frequently happening that I found it difficult to focus on my chart data. Also I found that there were some open positions in Sim101 account that were not opened by me for sure. I don't know where these orders are coming from.
        I have repaired DB and restarted NT as per the instuctions but the error message regarding BHP1 keeps coming everytime in the log file. I used to test NT for australian Stock exchange before with eSignal datafeed. BHP1 is the symbol that I created in the Instrument Manager that represents stock BHP Billiton trading on ASX. However now I am subscribed to Zen fire and do not have any eSignal datafeed, then why am I getting this test done by NT everytime when I start NT. I am just wondering that it should not cause any problems in the future causing NT to stop responding or crash just because it cannot find BHP1.
        Referring to my previous request, I am still unsure of flatten everything issue as a reply is still anticipated. Can I disable Flaten everything option before I start Live Trading? Thanks for replying.

Regards,
        Yusuf SHAIKH
        Hello Yusuf,

It appears you are using the account '22014121/donotuse!Dorman!Sim'. This is a testing simulation account for the ZenFire feed. Please select your Sim101 account to resolve the error messages.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
        8 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post bill2023  
        Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ryjoga