useless data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

useless data

Combo Rithmic plus Ninjatrader (which provides the historical data feed!) is obviously with today's slightly bigger than usual move in the ES already overwhelmed again - I'm so fed up!

Daily-chart and 5-Min-chart of the same instrument ES-12-16 show a difference of 37 points (148 ticks) and daily is not even updating (actually, Daily shows Yesterday's data while refresh data for the daily is set to 5 secs (0.1 on the 5-min)).

5min-chart comes alive only after several (!) reloads. Multiple reconnects don't help, obviously Ninja's server HDS2 is delivering garbage again - where can I manually adjust NT to use a different server?

Btw - Ninja 8 RC1 DOES show CORRECT daily data, this after being connected to server hds-us-001.ninjatrader.com.

Thus I can absolutely rule out ANY problems with my PC, internet-connection or whatsoever - clearly the mentioned server delivers crap - again
    Last edited by RonnyKeller; 09-14-2016, 08:14 AM.

Well, just opened a new 5-min chart of ES 12-16, template "Default", no indicators - and just got a THIRD different price charted, 7 points off the other 5-min chart and still some 36 points off the daily.

Comment

I believe this might be the issue.

On Thursday, September 8, 2016, the CME Equities Index Futures rolled from the 09-16 expiry to the 12-16 expiry.

To ensure that your charts correctly reflect this rollover, you will need to manually configure the pre-defined rollover date in your NinjaTrader database.

Steps on how to do this in NinjaTrader 7 can be found at this advisory link: http://ninjatrader.com/Advisories/CME-9-16-2016

Please follow the steps specified in the advisory. Once you have done this, right-click on your chart and select Reload All Historical Data.
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ray
        I just got the same solution from support and it seems to work now.
        What I don't understand: if this problem was already known - was there any proactive information I may have missed? I really hate to face untrustable data in the middle of a day with pretty good swings, and losing an hour or so over such erroneous behavior is frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by RonnyKeller View Post
          Thanks Ray
          I just got the same solution from support and it seems to work now.
          What I don't understand: if this problem was already known - was there any proactive information I may have missed? I really hate to face untrustable data in the middle of a day with pretty good swings, and losing an hour or so over such erroneous behavior is frustrating.
          Yes, an in product announcement (pop up message) was issued Wednesday around 3:15 CT.

Comment

Hello there, I would like to have some inforamtions about how to open an account with Ninja brokerage or FXCM. Could you help me? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Trader1er View Post
              Hello there, I would like to have some inforamtions about how to open an account with Ninja brokerage or FXCM. Could you help me? Thank you!
              Please contact NinjaTrader Brokerage to be put in touch with a licensed representative that can answer your questions.

[email protected]
              Direct: 312.262.1289

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
              7 responses
              1 like
              Last Post caryc123  
              Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM