Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Sync Chart Drawings Across Multiple PC's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sync Chart Drawings Across Multiple PC's?

Hi all,

I'm currently using NinjaTrader 7 on a desktop PC at home in an office, but occasionally I need to go on trips where I transfer onto a Laptop also using NinjaTrader.

I use a lot of chart drawings and save them as a workspace and was wondering if there is any way I can sync or transfer these from my workspace on the PC onto my laptop without having to always draw them again.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post. You can not sync two instances of NinjaTrader however you can make a backup and restore it to the other PC. The following instructions will explain how to backup your NinjaTrader 7 files to a second computer. Please note that the following list are the items you can chose to include or exclude from your backup (Configuration files, Database, Historical Chart Data, Log and Trace files, Market Replay Data, NinjaScript Files, Templates, Workspaces). Many users exclude the historical chart data, log and trace files, and Market Replay data to reduce the file size.

Open NinjaTrader 7 on the computer you wish to backup from and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.

Go to File > Utilities > Backup...

Select which files you would like to backup and click 'Run Backup'

Email or Save the file to an external storage device. The file can be found Under Documents\NinjaTrader Backup
    Open NinjaTrader 7 on the computer you wish to restore to and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.

Open the email with the backup file or connect the external storage and save the backup file to a destination of your choosing (I recommend the desktop as it is easy to find).

Go to File > Utilities > Restore...

Select the backup file you created from the location you saved it
    I have also attached the Help Guide section and YouTube tutorial regarding backup and restore below.

Help Guide - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...p__restore.htm

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGCp9ebpV1M
    Kenneth D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by philmg, Today, 01:17 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post philmg