commission in instrument manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

commission in instrument manager

Hi, I'm using NT7. My broker is Interactive Brokers and data provider is Kinetick.

When I set commission for each instrument I trade, should I enter those numbers in both Interactive Brokers line and the Kinetick line? I don't know whether the commission will be counted twice.

Another thing is though I just started live trading, I'm still doing sim trading for some instruments/sessions. Should I always connect to IB when I sim trade to get the correct commission numbers?

Thank you for your help.

Jack

Hello,

Which of these connections would be connected first?

What account are you placing trades to?

Commission can be included in your PnL calculations provided you have correctly configured NinjaTrader. Commission values can be defined for each connectivity provider per instrument and per instrument type.

I have provided a link below to our YouTube that goes over setting up commissions values.

Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video demonstrates how to set commission values within NinjaTrader 7. NinjaTrader 7 is an award w...

Commission values are used in the following order:

1. From the instrument if a commission value has been defined else
    2. From the instrument type if a commission value has been defined else
    3. No value is used since none have been defined

Please follow the instructions below to define commission values per instrument type:

1. From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
    2. Select the tab "Commission"
    3. Click here for details on defining a commission values

Please follow the instructions below to define commission values per instrument:

1. From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
    2. Double click on the instrument you wish to add a commission value for
    3. Click on the "Misc" tab
    4. Click here for details on defining a commission values

Critical: Ensure that 'Apply commission to PnL calculations' is enabled under Tools > Options > General tab.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Drew for the detailed instructions.

I always connect to Kinetick first. Then, if I trade live I will connect to IB where I trade from my IB account. If I paper trade, I try to connect to IB but sometimes I forgot, but I'd always trade from an account from NT (sim101).

So what happens if I have commissions set in both IB and Kinetick? Will they be double counted?

Also I found that commissions will not enter into calculations for past trades, is that right?

Thanks!

Jack

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

If set up by data provider, NinjaTrader will only calculate the commissions from the data provider that provides the data for the instrument. Since you connect to Kinetick first, you will get all live and historical data from Kinetick, while still having the option to execute trades to your broker.

Correct, this would not apply commissions to the past trades.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rajendrasubedi2023  
        Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes