NT7 charts all over the place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 charts all over the place

NT7 has been behaving more than wierdly lately.
    First, after rollover the new ES december contract charts do not update when I log in,
    and when I press reload historical data it gets stuck.
    Now today I logged in and all my charts (time and ticked based) in CL and ES are completely ****ed, fore some reason they all show either 04-16 or 03-16 contracts,
    it's just so annoying.

Hello altai,

Did you manually change the rollover date for the 12-16 expiry? If not, please follow the instructions in the advisory at the link below. You will need to change the rollover date this time, so charts will load data as expected. Unfortunately the rollover date in NinjaTrader is incorrect.

After you select NinjaTrader 7 in the field that asks what version you have at the link below, you will see step by step instructions.

There should not be any issue with the CL futures. What expiry month do you have selected for the CL?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, Jason. thanks for the quick response!
      I normally trade form the charts, which I just create and save once the new contract starts trading. For the last 2 years there have been no problems with that. But now, for some reason, the ES 12-16 charts don't reload when I log in the current 10-16 CL contract charts all inexplicably changed for the 04-16 contract.

Another issue is with tick charts, which often don't load historical data correctly and show gaps where none should be and when I press 'reload historical data' it takes a good 5-10 minutes sometimes to load 190 days of 510 tick data. I have pretty good internet speed so I am a bit puzzled as to what's the reason.

thank you!.

Comment

Can you please tell me if you changed the rollover date as instructed in the advisory.

Please shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to the location below.

Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db

Delete the cache folder that is within the db folder.

The cache folder is used to quickly load data in chart windows - the actual data is saved in the tick, minute and day folders. The first time you load data after deleting the db-->cache folder, it will take a little longer to load than usual. Once all data is loaded, it will load data quickly again.

Start NinjaTrader and check if charts load data as expected and if tick charts load all requested data.

It can take that long to load 190 days of tick data. Compared to minute and daily data, tick data takes much longer to load. More information needs to load with tick data as many ticks occurred in a day. With minute data, it only needs to load OHLC per minute.

Comment

Problem with data roll aver contracts

I have the same problem that has several clients What happens is that the graphic is lying. It is giving false information as well if I need help with that please Thanks

Comment

Hello adonm5,

Can you please follow the instructions in the advisory at the link below. You will need to change the rollover date this time, so charts will load data as expected. Unfortunately the rollover date for 12-16 in NinjaTrader is incorrect.

After you select NinjaTrader 7 in the field that asks what version you have at the link below, you will see step by step instructions.

Comment

Yeah, I did as you instructed, it seems OK for now, I'll let you know if the issues reappear.
              thanks for the help,
              Altai.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
              Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
              5 responses