Order entry price level confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order entry price level confusion

On my sim account for the past day or so if I take a trade the price level of the trade shown on the chart is completely wrong! I've just taken a long trade on the YM at 18084, but on the chart its showing as long from 18031 (which would be good if it was correct!).

The Account Performance executions is showing correctly, but the Positions is wrong showing an Avg Price of 18030.8333333! As I only have one contract on at the moment this seems to be an issue with the "crazy" scaling in/out thingy!? FIFO is not selected.

Help appreciated.....

Hello,

The issue you are having is related to incorrectly defined roll dates for the ES/NQ/TF/YM. It has to do with using a combination of Sept and Dec contract data.

I have provided a video below going over steps on how to resolve this.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Please let us know if you’d like to do a remote session and have us resolve it for you by to sending an email via Control Center-->Help-->EMail Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att AlanP', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Alan, but I have already rolled over all my charts. I see I still had the 09-16 contract as the default, but having removed this and taken another trade it is still wrong.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello cognis0,

Did you redefine the roll date in addition to changing to Dec, as the video describes?

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

I rolled over (same as the video) on 11th Sept and set date to 11/09 (09/11) at that time. As I recall all was working fine then (but perhaps it wasn't as I wasn't trading much earlier in the week).

Are you suggesting that the chart trader is effectively working on the 09-16 contract?

Comment

Hello Cognis0,

If the ES 12-16 contracts roll date remained incorrectly defined as 9-15-2016, prior to that date your charts are going to be built using Sept data with the exception of the current bar.

Could you please send an email to [email protected] with Attn: Alan P in the Subject line. Also within the email please include a link to this thread, and attach the log and trace files for the day in subject, which you can find in My Documents>NinjaTrader7>Log and My Documents>NinjaTrader7/Trace folders.

I look forward to your email.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
            Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
            0 responses