Profiles deleting chart objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Profiles deleting chart objects

I saved a chart as a certain profile with a bunch of fibo retracements, trendlines, and text on it. I open a fresh chart, apply the profile, and notice that all the text is missing, only the fibo retracements and trendlines are still there.

OK, so I shut down the platform without saving and restart it, and I see that the new (incorrect) profile has replaced even my original chart, and I am now missing all of the text on the original chart. Furthermore, when I try to apply the profile to a new chart again, now it is completely blank.

So basically, first it deleted all of my text, and then it deleted every single object, and this profile is now completely blank.

Any idea what is going on here? I really would like to get my text back. Most curious is why it kept my fibo retracements and trendlines but deleted my text.

I had a problem a long time ago with chart objects getting deleted for really old ones, but that was fixed, and furthermore this is all very recent stuff, nothing old, so nothing should be deleted anyway.

I just looked to see when the last "previous version" of NinjaTrader was saved by Windows, and it looks like it was yesterday...so this should allow me to get back to where I was. Anything I should know before restoring the previous version?
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello ra1den,
      Thanks for your post.
      My suggestion to assist with your restore would be after the restore when you exit NinjaTrader do not save your workspace. Doing so would then save your open workspace(s) in the state they are at that time and overwrite the backup. Otherwise, no special steps would be needed.
      If you want to look into why these items went missing, you can go to Help> Mail to Platform Support BEFORE doing the backup. This will send us your log and trace files to look further into this. In the message include a link to this forum topic.
      BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rocketman7  
      Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
      1 response
      0 likes