Collapse

thousands separated by a comma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wrote to IB to see if there was anything to do on that end. Here is the message:
    Initial Description: I am using TWS and NinjaTrader. NT is having a problem producing reports properly when I trade over 999 shares because TWS puts a comma in the number e.g. 1,234. This causes the report when exported to Excel to have an extra column and the data is not displayed properly. Is there a way to turn off the comma? I would like the above number to display as 1234. Thx
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    Response from rayros at 2009/10/20 10:28EST:

Hello There, In TWS, when you navigate to Trades window, you can export today's execution and you can select different delimiter. If you are using Ninja Trader to export the file, please ask them if you change the delimiter to something else. Raymund IB API Support

Interactive Brokers Customer Service [end IB msg]

So... since I'm using the Orders page on the Control Center to produce my trades report is there any way I can eliminate the comma before exporting to Excel or change the delimiter?

Thx

Comment

No, you will just have to change the delimiter in Excel to not split it there.
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
        No, you will just have to change the delimiter in Excel to not split it there.
        Sorry, despite Searching I'm having trouble seeing where to do that in Excel 2002 -- could you kindly point the way out?

Thx
        Brian

Comment

Brian,

Unfortunately I would not know how to use Excel 2002. I suggest searching google for some resources on how to split/merge/delimit/etc. cells in Excel.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
            Brian,

Unfortunately I would not know how to use Excel 2002. I suggest searching google for some resources on how to split/merge/delimit/etc. cells in Excel.
            Yes I've been searching around using Google. I did figure out how to get Excel to ignore all the commas using the Windows Control panel>Regional and Language Options>Customize>List Separator (just taking the commas out of the number on the first page didn't do it). Unfortunately this is not what I really want as then the data that should be separated all ends up in one column. I can force the commas out of thousands within a spreadsheet using the Format options but that's no help because I need to force it out before it is exported from Ninja. I'm going over what I've tried so far in case someone else sees this message and has an idea (fingers crossed!)
            So far the only workaround I've found is Save to Desktop as CSV file> open CSV file with Notepad>remove offending commas by hand>Save>Open with Excel. Certainly would like to find a better way.

Comment

Comma Separated Values/Mixed Up Numbers and String

Hi,

I'm having similar problem too with "," as separated value when trying to export "Positions" data. It just mess-up exporting to excel or even saving to CSV file.

May be can recommend NT for following:
              1. The default numbering format. Best use Windows default format (?)
              2. Configurable option for default delimited format, e.g. ";" so less problem on Excel formatting.

Other problem to highlight:
              Mixing of number and string. E.g. in "Positions" tab, sometime we have numbers (e.g. 1,000) and then have string too (0.08M). This is difficult if we export to excel and would like to perform some calculation. If it is number field, would recommended that leave it as number.

Please advise us and thanks for your support.

Comment

Guys, NT7 will come with a different Excel export. This should take care of the issues you came across on NT7.

Comment

Hi Dierk,
                  Good news and thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post kempotrader  
                  Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM