SYNC issue on ATS on NT8 RC1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SYNC issue on ATS on NT8 RC1

Its set to wait until flat, synchronize account.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ashmanz80; 09-27-2016, 09:02 AM.

Hello ashmanz80, and thank you for your question.

Could you clarify, when you initially set up your strategy, what your start behavior is? I am including a picture where I define the sync behavior in the SampleMACrossover strategy. The reason I am asking is because there are two possible sync behaviors, and the one you have selected will affect the answer I can give. Thank you in advance for this information, it will make it easy to provide the best assistance possible.
    Attached Files
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
      Hello ashmanz80, and thank you for your question.

Could you clarify, when you initially set up your strategy, what your start behavior is? I am including a picture where I define the sync behavior in the SampleMACrossover strategy. The reason I am asking is because there are two possible sync behaviors, and the one you have selected will affect the answer I can give. Thank you in advance for this information, it will make it easy to provide the best assistance possible.
      Hi Jessica,

it's set to wait until flat, synchronize account.

Comment

Thank you for this information, ashmanz80. Either "wait until flat" or "submit orders immediately" will have a very brief period where the Sync column will be set to false, but you should only see an extended false in this column if you are in the "wait until flat" state.

I have prepared a short video where I have a strategy set up with the same setting you are using. Please repeat the steps in this video, and please let us know if you get different results.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

For more in-depth information, although this video is for NinjaTrader 7, this video does an excellent job explaining the nuances of syncing generally.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Thank you Jessica for the support. It seems it does go back to True after entering a new position and back to False when it closes it. As long as everything works smoothly I don't mind it

Thanks again!
          Last edited by ashmanz80; 09-27-2016, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Terrific. Yes that is the typical operation. I recorded another video with a reproducable situation. It looks like we won't need it for diagnostics purposes, but I will go ahead and post it for reference purposes.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

I created that video with the freely and publicly available software Jing, available here

Screen capture and recording software for Windows and Mac. Quickly get images and videos. Start your free trial today!

It is very easy to generate crossover conditions at will with this set-up, for testing :

• 1 second chart
            • 3 as the SMA fast period
            • 30 as the SMA slow period
            • Simulated data feed

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes