Horizontal Scroll Bar Not Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horizontal Scroll Bar Not Moving

I don't know if it's because of it, but two mornings ago, I had a major update to Windows 10. I mention this update because ever since, my charts' scroll bars on any of my charts, on any of my Workspaces don't move. They seem stuck. Nor can I resize the charts. I've also noticed the edges of some of the charts flickering at a fast pace. However, the prices and bars do update and the charts naturally scroll as the minutes go by. I just can't manually move the scroll bars back and forth.

I searched "scroll bar" on the forum and only saw one, sort of, similar incident... sort of. It was someone saying their charts had frozen. The response was to repair the database. I was about to do that, but the Help screen in the platform said to only do this at the request of a tech support person, so I got scared and did nothing, in case I screw things up even more.

I'm writing for any possible solutions since it would be a real pain rebuilding the Workspaces I have (but I suppose I will if I absolutely have to). Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20160927.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20160927.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, Drew. The steps you provided did not work, but I did find the culprit: It was an indicator I'd downloaded off the internet a while back that allowed me to set vertical grid lines to mark a particular time frame. For example, if I'm using 30 second charts and I want to see all the candles within each 5 minute period of time, I can do so regardless of how I expand or contract the x-axis. I don't think we can do that normally in NinjaTrader. I think NT just sets the vertical grid lines' time intervals willy nilly with expansion/contraction.

Anyway, upon removing that indicator-- --I'm back to doing whatever I want with the charts, and they work great, thankfully. Looks like that indicator went all wonky with the new Windows 10 update that was downloaded. I'll just have to see if there's another script out there that'll set those fixed grid line time intervals. Thanks again for looking into it for me.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post maybeimnotrader  
      Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post quantismo