automated strategies stoplosses, profit targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automated strategies stoplosses, profit targets

I created a strategy and it works well, but the question is Can I show my stops and targets on the strategy screen? Currently I have to open a second screen to see my stops and targets. Secondly, is there a way to override a strategy and move the stop manually and the strategy will allow the stoploss to stay there.

Hello ballboy11,

To view working orders, Chart Trader must be opened on the chart.

With NinjaTrader 7, it is not possible to open Chart Trader on a chart that has a strategy added or vice versa. You can open Chart Trader on a second chart with the same instrument and account.

This was to prevent users from manually modifying orders placed by an automated Strategy which will not be recognized by the strategy.

With NinjaTrader 8, due to popular demand, it is now possible to open Chart Trader on a chart with a strategy added.

When placing an order with SetProfitTarget, SetStopLoss, or SetTrailStop, from a script, that order will be updated on each tick. If you manually move this, it will be updated on the next tick back to the price calculated by SetProfitTarget / SetStopLoss.

An Exit order would be updated whenever you update it. If you place this once with liveUntilCancelled as true, the order will remain alive and will not move (unless code is called to move it).

I've made a video demonstrating this.
    Demonstrates that an order placed with SetStopLoss / SetProfitTarget / SetTrailStop will continuously reset the exit order on each new tick.Shows an ExitLongStopLimit placed only once, does not.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by nandhumca, Yesterday, 03:41 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
    1 response
    0 likes