Enabling strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enabling strategy

when enable strategy with 'open position' in the code, it becomes yellow and doesn't seem to work. Anybody knows how to fix it? It supposed to work with both Simulated and live accounts?
    Thank you
    Last edited by 2014Michael; 10-05-2016, 08:28 AM.

Hello,

A yellow state indicates the strategy is waiting for a flat position to become active. This is noted in the following documentation: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...egies_tab2.htm

Based on the settings you choose, this is controlled by the platform. Please review the following topics in the help guide for further information: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...tegies_tab.htm

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, Jesse
      Can you please clarify: if strategy with an 'open position' in the code enabled, I still can trade with the Simulated Acc, or its switches to live?

Comment

Hello,

I am not certain what you are asking, are you asking if the Account has an open position, can the strategy Trade? If so, yes or no depending on the settings you choose, the provided links describe the different scenarios possible. Depending if the strategy has to wait until flat or not, it would stay in the yellow state until flat.

Regarding the remainder of your statement: "I still can trade with the Simulated Acc, or its switches to live?"

You can trade in realtime data with both a Sim account or a Live account, but the strategy will not switch accounts by its self ever. This is an action you need to do from the user interface or choose what account the strategy is associated with.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

thanks Jesse,
          Strategy has become green
          I want to trade on Sim101 for now but with the strategy, wich has an 'open position' in its code.
          When I'm ready to do it with a live account, should I just switch accounts at my Basic Entry window and choose whar account the strategy is associated with and thats it; or to make some additional changes in setting, like click on AT Interface button at File of Control Center?
          Appreciate your help
          Michael
          Last edited by 2014Michael; 10-05-2016, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Hello,

You said, which has an 'open position' in its code. Are you saying the strategy has syntax to Open a position when a condition occurs?

When you are trading with a NinjaScript strategy, the basic entry window has nothing to do with the NinjaScript strategy. The account you select in the basic entry would only be for your manual trades.

While running a strategy, this would entail that you want to automatically trade so manual trading would not be applicable when running a strategy. You can either Manually trade, or use a strategy but not necessarily mix and match the two.

The strategy sync options I had previously linked describe the options for when you initially start the script. It can wait on the account to become flat (yellow) or not wait and immediately submit orders. You would need to decide what you want the script to do by reviewing the help guide sections completely and set the settings as needed. After the script starts, any manual orders would either terminate the strategy, or the strategy would be un aware of these manual actions so it would not be suggested to try and manually trade while the strategy is running.

As for the AT interface, this would have nothing to do with the NinjaScript strategy, this is for external programs to interface with NinjaTrader.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Hello,

You said, 'Are you saying the strategy has syntax to Open a position when a condition occurs?' - yes it does, and I need to see how it performs at real time, but with a Simulated Account. I have better understanding now.
              All the best.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post maybeimnotrader  
              Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes