Forex Account - Order Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forex Account - Order Errors

Currently using Ninjatrader 7 ... and have futures demo, and forex demos account connected.

Able to use ATM strategies without problems using the futures account. However, when I open a position on my FOREX account using an ATM strategy I get the following errors if I try to modify OR close the position:

"Unable to change order '57b3154df2b2434...' since new limit price is greater/equal ask price or smaller/equal bid price. Affected Order: Buy 1 Limit @ 1.9757"

Any suggestions how I resolve this. Thanks

steve

Hello steve257,

Thank you for your reply,

When attempting to modify a limit order to the other side of the market in simulation with FXCM, this error is expected as this is nor supported via FXCM, though you should be able to close the position without error via the Close button.

Because you're seeing this when attempting to Close button, it could be caused by market volatility. To make sure the settings of the instruments are OK, please reset your instruments, this will ensure that the internal setting for the instruments are up-to-date with server specifications: Disconnect and go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

You will need to close and restart NinjaTrader for the settings to take effect.

Let me know if you see the same after taking these steps.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

this error is expected as this is nor supported via FXCM
      Thanks.

Does this mean I CAN NOT use an ATM strategy if Im trading Forex.
      And that I can only open/close a position using Buy Market or Sell Market.
      And that I have to manually enter any stop losses.

And does this also apply to a LIVE account as well the demo account?

Comment

Hello steve257,

Thank you for your reply,

No, you'll be able to use ATM Strategies in the Forex Market with FXCM, you will not need to manually enter.

This error comes up when attempting to move a Limit order to the other side of the market to get the next available price - while this is supported with futures, FXCM does not allow this, this applies to demos and live accounts.

This would happen if you are modifying the Profit Target (limit order) order to the other side of the market.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

FYI, I have just noticed that when I use the close button to close a position my stop gets removed from the chart. However, my targets and entry remain. If I then manually remove my targets from the chart I no longer get the error message when I retry the close button. And the position closes out.

Is this what gets resolved if i reset instruments?

Comment

This would also be unexpected behavior when pressing the Close button so I can't say if it'll be resolved by resetting the instruments.

Because these issues seem to be related to order extinction, the first thing I would recommend doing is exiting NinjaTrader and restarting your modem/router.

If you have an antivirus/firewall installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to it's exceptions list.

Also make sure that your PC clock is up-to-date. Please use the steps below to change/check your Time Zone and sync the PC clock:

Close NinjaTrader.
            Open the Windows Control Panel
            Select Date and Time
            Press 'Change time zone...'.
            Set the time zone and press 'OK'.
            Click on Internet Time tab.
            Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
            Ensure to check for a message under the Update button that says it was successful.
            If it did not properly sync, even after a few tries, try manually setting your PC clock and then syncing.
            Your PC clock should now be updated.

We look forward to assisting further.

Comment

This problem is a real nightmare. See my post on it here:

Comment

steve257 and i2w8am9ii2,

This would actually be unrelated to the NinjaTrader 8 item mentioned in the other forum post.

This is actually a known item in NinjaTrader 7, which is resolved in NinjaTrader 8. When multiple connections are in use, and an ATM strategy is active on a Forex instrument, using the Close button will not actually close out the Profit Target and Stop Loss. This can be prevented by connecting to FXCM first, otherwise the Profit Target and Stop Loss would need to be canceled before clicking Close.
                Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Drew,

Thanks for your reply and for the clarification.

In my frustration I read through forum posts too quickly and replied to the posts even faster.

Need to get a hold of my hyper frustration fingers.

The Ninjatrader support team and development team are really great and are very much appreciated.

Thanks for your time and for the clarification,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Brevo
                  by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
                  0 responses