Can "workspaces" be created for charts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can "workspaces" be created for charts?

I trade a strategy that uses a combination of tick, minute, and daily data. Assuming that these data types are each on their own chart, is there anyway that I can form a "workspace" or is there any other method by which I can link these charts together so that they appear on the same screen at the same time?

In other words, I'd rather not have to toggle through 3 charts when what I need is to view them on my monitor at the same time in a neatly organized workspace. I know this is Charting 101 but I can't figure out how to do this in NinjaTrader. Please help.

-Lou

Workspaces would be a valid idea.

Comment

Dierk,
      When I use the Workspace that NT currently has the charts aren't locked together on one screen. That's the functionality I'm looking for. TradeStation calls this a workspace, too.

Are there any plans to add this feature?

-Lou

Comment

Not sure I follow. You only will see charts from the "active" workspace. Just locate them all on one screen (if needed) and toggle between workspaces.

Comment

Dierk,
          1) When I open an NT Workspace the charts only appear together on the same screen when I either mouse-click or Alt-Tab on each chart in the Workspace to make it active. If I have 3 charts in a Workspace that's 3 clicks too many to get the full Workspace active. How do I link the charts together so that they all appear at the same time as soon as I open the Workspace.

2) Opening or switching between NT Workspaces is built to waste time. I have to use the mouse to pull down File -> Workspaces -> Open or Filename. That's way too cumbersome and I'm working with only 5 or so workspaces currently.

Is there a HotKey that gets me to Workspaces faster. Something obvious like Ctrl-W or, even better, can I name a HotKey for each workspace? How do I "toggle" b/t workspaces?

Comment

Thanks for feedback. You can toggle workspaces by SHIFT F3

Comment

Dierk,
              Thanks for the tip. Shift + F3 is much faster than the mouse.

-Lou

Comment

I, on the other hand, would like converge and plot the three charts (5-, 15- and 30-minute) into one chart. That is, I would like to see the 5 minutes candles displayed against the backdrop of 15- and 30-minute candles, etc. Can this be done?

Comment

Not right now. We have this on our list for NT7 (beta end of this year) though.

Comment

There's a program in the File Sharing area for this. I haven't checked it out myself.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Aviram Y  
                    Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby