Newbie Sim101 Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Sim101 Problems

What am I doing wrong? I just set up NT using Yahoo's 15 min delay data feed for stocks. I get charts and market analyzer functions OK. When I place a simple Market BUY order in stock chart or Control Center for account Sim101, A buy order line appears in CC orders, and order state is green "Working" but it never fills! What haven't I set up correctly?

Sim101 works of realtime data coming in. If there is no data, then no order would get filled. YAHOO mainly is used fro historical data and only provides a "tick" every 15 mins or so, which is what you experience.

Comment

The Yahoo data feed is 15-minutes behind real time but gives me "continuous" data on every instrument every 5 seconds. I'm watching a half-dozen 1-minute charts updating right now with no problem. I set the "request interval" to 1-second but in reality ticks are coming into each instrument about every 5 seconds. I thought the simulator wouldn't know the difference (a tick is a tick) so would simply take the next tick as a market buy price. Does the tick interval have to be shorter?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

To reiterate Dierk below, Yahoo isn't set up for a real time data feed. The only data that is deemed reliable through Yahoo is daily historical data.

Here is a list of the data feed providers NinjaTrader supports and what data they provide:
        http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/HelpGuideV6/HistoricalData.html
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I think I figured it out! Only certain stocks show Bid/Ask prices and the others only show Last price. If Bid/Ask was given, like for AAPL, then Sim101 executed the trade, otherwise NO. I don't want to spend $$ on a live data feed until I learn the details of using NT features and test a few strategies, but apparently this will only work on stocks where Yahoo gives Bid/Ask. Thanks to all for suggestions!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Javierw.ok  
          Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post bltdavid