Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error on loading historical data

Hi,

I just signed up for Kinetick futures data and I made it my primary connection. I get Forex data through Interactive Brokers, which I connect to after connecting to Kinetick. Unfortunately, I am now getting "Error on loading historical data (20013)" and/or "Error on loading historical data (20013) (Panic)" when trying to load my forex charts.

To fix it, I disconnected both feeds, closed both NinjaTrader and IB Trader Workstation, and then restarted them (opened NT, then opened IB TWS, then formed secondary connection to IB). Still getting the errors.

Any suggestions?

Hello Sniff,

Thanks for your note.

Since both of these data providers support all available asset classes in NinjaTrader, whichever is connected first would provide the data for all asset classes. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider.

When connecting to Kinetick and your broker, you have some options...

1. Connect to Kinetick first then to your broker. This setup will get all live and historical data from Kinetick, and still allow you to execute trades to your broker.

2. Or, connect to your broker first, then to Kinetick, with historical data disabled on your broker. This will allow you to get live data from your broker, and all historical data from Kinetick, and will also use Kinetick as a backup.

More on this topic at:

Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, Drew.

If I'm understanding correctly, I guess I'm screwed, unless maybe you can think of a workaround. Here's what I specifically have been trying to do:

I've used IB's datafeed for about 5 years now but, being filtered data, it doesn't work for order-flow indicators like footprint charts (which display historical data by dividing it up into orders filled at Bid vs orders filled at Ask). I normally trade both Forex and Futures and have multiple charts open at any given time. So I just signed up for the Kinetick datafeed to see how the footprint charts look using an unfiltered datafeed. But, if I sign in to IB first so I can see the Forex data, then my footprint charts will be filled with the filtered IB data.

So, if I understand correctly, it is impossible to use the Kinetick futures datafeed while using IB's datafeed for everything else?

Comment

Hello Sniff,

Thanks for getting back to me.

That would be the case in NinjaTrader 7. However, in NinjaTrader 8 you can set "preferred connections" for the different asset classes. These preferred connections designates a connection to be used by NinjaTrader for real-time data if it is connected. You can choose a separate preferred connection for each instrument type.

More information at:
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well, that's just disappointing. I don't think I'm going to switch to the new platform, reconfigure everything, and buy new indicators just to see how much better the Kinetick data-feed is. Guess I'll just call this a $58 mistake on my part and go back to the IB datafeed.

Thanks for the quick response though--you have been helpful.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post love2code2trade