Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to restore trade record after I accidentally deleted an instrument

Hi,

Early this week I accidentally deleted an instrument (6A) which I trade. I restored it by resetting instruments under Options | Data. However I found that all trades I had done on this instrument was gone. Is there anyway I can restore them?

I do backup everything every Friday after market closed. My worry is if I restore last week's backup, will I be able to keep the trades I made after I deleted 6A?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You are correct on both levels here. The only way to restore the old trade data would be to load the most recent backup before the instrument was deleted.

Additionally, because the trade data is saved to the database you will lose any data that has been acquired since that point as restores do not keep any data from after the backup date.

Please let us know if we may assist further.
    Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JustinS View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You are correct on both levels here. The only way to restore the old trade data would be to load the most recent backup before the instrument was deleted.

Additionally, because the trade data is saved to the database you will lose any data that has been acquired since that point as restores do not keep any data from after the backup date.

Thank you for your help. This is disappointing since there is no way to merge old trade data with new trade data. Will this get resolved in NT8?

Another thing: is there anyway to lock the instrument manager so that I won't accidentally delete something I need in the future?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

When it comes down to backup data this is not something that will be changed in NT8 due to the uses of having a backup file in the first place. As most of the time a backup is used to restore your platform to an earlier date, often times to get rid of any file corruption, only the data from the backup will ever be loaded to avoid loading corrupted information.

However, on the topic of instrument resets, the capabilities have been expanded somewhat so that your custom instruments are excluded from the reset if desired.

Unfortunately there is no way to lock the instrument manager to prevent instruments from being deleted at this time.

Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes