Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume indicator settings

Hi All,
    I am using the VOL indicator on Daily charts, but instead of seeing Daily volume, I would like to see Weekly volume (i.e. a single volume bar spreading over five days' price bars).

Could anyone help?

Thank You

Hello futures_trader,

This is possible by adding a Weekly data series in the Data Series menu of the Daily chart. Please right click in the chart and select 'Data Series'. Add another data series for the same instrument but set Period Type to Weekly. If you do not like the Weekly bars to be plotted in a new panel, please set 'Panel' to 1. You can set the bar color to Transparent if you do not like to see them in the chart.

Once the Weekly data series is added, please open the Indicator menu and add the VOL indicator. Click the 'Input series' setting and click the '...' button that appears. Select the Close price for the Weekly data series and click OK. Click OK in the Indicator menu and it will plot VOL bars based on Weekly data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jason, that was exactly what I was after.

Comment

Sorry, I have a follow-up question;

When using your method, the Weekly data price bar for a given week is displayed on the following Monday (of the Daily data series), with the volume indicator being displayed directly underneath (i.e. also on the following Monday).

What I would like to do is have the weekly volume bar covering the days it actually represents. I can widen the weekly volume to desired width (i.e. to cover five days), but then it covers the Thurday and Friday of the correct (i.e. required) week, and Monday to Wednesday of the incorrect (i.e. following) week.

Is there a solution to this?

Thank You

Comment

The VOL bar is plotted as per the Weekly bar. Unfortunately I do not see a way to plot it differently. The Displacement setting in the Indicator menu allows you to displace the indicator by x amount of bars, but it will likely displace the VOL bar too much as it plots on the Weekly bars.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 10-20-2016, 04:44 AM.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DanielTynera  
          Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
          9 responses
          0 likes