closing positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

closing positions

Hi can you tell me why so many ccy positions are being created when closing a trade...see pic
    Attached Files

Hello ryebank, and thank you for your question.

So that we may better understand what is occurring, could you provide us with a little more detail as to how you are placing trades? If you are using a NinjaScript strategy could you send a stripped down copy of your strategy's source? If you would prefer to send this privately please send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com , referencing attn:ninjatrader_jessicap and 1590942 in the subject line of your e-mail.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

via the chart trader after clicking on "Buy Ask" or "Sell Bid"

"Buy Market" and "Sell Market" don't work as mentioned in a previous post - http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...d=1#post479033

Comment

Thank you for this additional information.

So that I may have a more complete picture of what is happening on your end, would it be possible to use the freely and publicly available screen capture software Jing, https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html , or a similar program which can record video of what is happening on your screen, so that you can show me what is occurring on your end? These quick instructions can get you started with Jing.

1. When you start Jing, a yellow half circle will appear near the top of your screen. Please hover over it with your mouse
        2. A small + sign will extend out of this half circle. Please click on it
        3. When your cursor becomes two intersecting lines, please click and drag your mouse over an area of your screen you would like to record
        4. Please press the film strip button that appears to begin recording
        5. When you are finished recording, please press the square stop button that appears
        6. Please press the share button that appears. It consists of three vertical upward pointing arrows.

You will then have the option to view your video on screencast.com . This is the link which can help me diagnose what is happening on your end. It is possible you will need to set up a free account in order to share videos.

Thank you very much in advance for providing us with this information. If this procedure is not an option for you, or if there are any other questions we can answer, please let us know.

Comment

i haven't go time for all that

when i close a position via the chart trader it creates dozens of trades as shown in the previous image when closing it. GBPJPY is liquid enough to close a 50k deal in one lot but NT is closing it in dozens of trades with stupid sizes....

and so on....

Comment

I understand your time is valuable, and you are unable to send me a video of what is occurring. Could we get enough information to see the same thing you are seeing on our end another way? Are you available for a remote desktop session? If you are, please send an e-mail to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com referencing attn:ninjatrader_jessicap and 1590942 in the subject line of your e-mail.

If this is not possible, please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.
            Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
            Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1590942
            Please also reference attn:ninjatrader_jessicap

Whether either of these is possible or not, if you could provide a set of instructions I could use to place trades exactly the way you are, including your data feed provider, it would be appreciated.

Any information at all you can give us will help us to give you better service.

Comment

log files sent from platform

Comment

Thank you rye. I have used the logs and the picture you provided in the OP to discover these trades occurred around 2016-10-20 13:39. I will follow up with more information shortly.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_JessicaP; 10-20-2016, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Would it be possible for you to review your control center in NinjaTrader and let us know when these trades are reported to you as the user as having occurred? Every grid has an "export to excel" in its grid right-click menu for convenience.

Comment

Hello ryebank,

With the information we have available, it looks like you had a local service interruption between Ninja and IQFeed on your computer. I would not expect this event to be repeated. It looks like these trades were only placed once each, as each had the same order ID.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post cre8able  
                    Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes