Support/Resistance Alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support/Resistance Alerts

Please tell me you are going to add s/r alerts so when price breaks a plotted horizontal line a sound will go off? If this doesn't come around by version 7 I am dropping NT. Tradestation has this feature, why can't NT?

Hello,

Thank for your post.

Have you tried to use the PriceAlert indicator? It will accomplish what you are looking for. It can be found along with all the other default indicators. All you do is add the price (sup. / res.) you want an alert for and it will provide an alert for you.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you for you helpful and speedy post. This indicator will workk perfectly

Comment

actually I would like to comment on this price alert indicator and offer a suggestion. While it does work well there are a many limitations in regards to customization and speed. Simply drawing a horizontial line on a chart and then double clicking it to open an alert menu would be alot faster and speed is very important for daytraders like myself. Getting to the indicator menu and then typing the number where the alert will sound takes more time than pressing F6, placing the line, and then double clicking to open a menu would take. Also, in the current menu you can't customize the number of times the alert will sound before it stops. Hopefully in version 7 Ninja trader users will see the use of the horizontal line tool as an alert function. Also the ability to carry over the horizontal line drawn on different charts of the same instrument would be helpful as well
        Last edited by cipher4d; 07-20-2008, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. We will add it to the list of future considerations.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Actually, I need alerts on any trend-line -- not just horizontal.

And I agree speed is essential for set-up & configuration.

Will this be in NT7?

Comment

I will forward your additional comments as well. Thanks again for the suggestions.
              JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

With the ability to toggle alerts on/off for trendlines via some menu, I also suggest that the menu have an option to turn on/off a pop-up window to tell the user which chart/instrument the alert is coming from.

Thanks for responding to our comments. I appreciate the NT team and their interest in listening to customers.

Comment

cipher,

Your additional comments are forwarded too. Thanks for spending time and writing out your thoughts.
                  Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by cipher4d View Post
                    Thanks for responding to our comments. I appreciate the NT team and their interest in listening to customers.
                    Gents,

Seems to be a recurring theme here. I have spent only 15 mins looking for a way around it and have found over 30 threads dedicated to being able to place a horizontal line on a chart using F6 and assign it as an alert.

Some have been rather forcefull too.

For most of us daytraders - we look at a chart, work out some parameters, draw some lines and work out a plan. You give us the tools to do this, but you let us down on execution.

You have all the functions and calls available to you. What we are missing is an interface to QUICKLY place an alert. Ging through indicators and punching in numbers opens us up to many things can go wrong in the heat of battle.

it really is a basic funtion because as some of us professional Forex traders may be looking at up to a dozen different pairs at one time... I need to know what is going on and this relentless repertition that is required to make an alert is not economical.

Please reconsider what would only be a days programming yet would make us daytraders very happy

Cheers

Comment

Hello Virge666,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

As replied in the other thread, your suggestion to include such a function in a future version has been forwarded to development.
                      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

another feature i would like to suggest is the ability to name s/r lines. A trader might want to name a horizontal line "thursday low" or "3/19/09 high". Currently I color code my lines which works well but this feature would be helpful although not entirely necessary like some of the other features suggested.

Comment

Hello cipher4D,

Thank you for your reply.

I will forward this suggestion on to development for further consideration.
                          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                          Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                          16 responses
                          0 likes