Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rules for lines on HTF showing on LTF

Hi,

I would like to plot support/resistance lines on higher time frame, say 30M charts and show them on lower time frame, 1M charts.

I want the lines to start at a swing low or swing high and end when it's taken out. That means I can not use a ray or horizontal line, I can only use a line, and need to supply its start and end time. Start time is just the time for that swing high or swing low. For end time, if I specify it too far in the future on the 30M chart then it won't show up on 1M chart so the best solution I came up with is to end it at 4PM (CST) or 5PM (EST) on the next trading day. I'm in CST zone so I do this every evening when I can't see the lines on my 1M chart but I know the next morning (about 7AM CST) I will be able to see it.

However things went wrong this morning at 7am. On some 1M charts I did see all the lines I plotted last night, but on GC chart I couldn't unless I move a bit (didn't remember how much but at least 20-30 minutes) to the right, which is painful because I need to see some price actions to the left. I had to modify the end time of all lines I drew on GC 30M charts from 4PM to 3PM then it worked again.

My question is 1) why did this happen (GC 1M being different from others, CL, 6E, 6B for example) and 2) what's the exact rule for the start/end time for me to be able to see lines from 30M chart on a 1M chart?

Thank you for your help,

Jack

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20161020.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20161020.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post vecnopus