NT7 Freezing on Cash Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 Freezing on Cash Open

Hi, I don't know why but in the past week NT works fine before cash open but once cash open starts it freezes. I then have to use ctrl-alt-del to get into task manager to shut it down.

I have reset the database, reset the instruments and also reinstalled Ninjatrader but this is still happening. Not sure what else I can do.

I am running a 6 core i990x and have 32 gb of RAM.

Hello Delerium,

Thank you for your post,

I suggest applying our Performance Tips to your workspace, as they will be able to improve the behavior you're seeing.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ance_tips2.htm

Also, the below forum post goes over items to check in your workspace to help during high market volatility.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...85&postcount=6

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes I have done many of those things including reduced days to load.

Okay changing display update interval, will see what else I can do, thanks.
      Last edited by Delerium; 10-21-2016, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Delerium View Post
        Hi, I don't know why but in the past week NT works fine before cash open but once cash open starts it freezes. I then have to use ctrl-alt-del to get into task manager to shut it down.

I have reset the database, reset the instruments and also reinstalled Ninjatrader but this is still happening. Not sure what else I can do.

I am running a 6 core i990x and have 32 gb of RAM.
        Delerium,

Most likely this has nothing to do with your chart settings or system performance and has everything to do with your data feed, depending on your broker and data provider.

Freezing or intermittent freezing happens quite often a few minutes before major news, market open, into markets close, and high volatility markets and continues sometime several minutes after the event. I suspect some data feed or brokers either intentionally slow down or stall the feed or they simply can not handle the high volatility and volume. Case in example that happens almost all the time is the Non-Farm employment report the first Fridays of the months.

This issue has been brought up many times in the past and I have not seen a satisfying answer, that is why I say most likely. Having a quality and professional data feed may be the answer.

Cheers!
        Last edited by aligator; 10-21-2016, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Thanks Alligator.

You know what, now when I think about it I never had this issue before when all I was using was just a futures feed (Continuum). A few weeks ago I signed up with Kinetick to get a stock market feed including level 2 data so I could see it on Bookmap and maybe that is what did it. I got the additional feed so I could see some intermarket correlations on a lower timeframe, maybe that is just too much.

Comment

Changing the display update interval did the trick. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
            2 responses
            1 like
            Last Post BarzTrading  
            Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH