Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT7 stopped working after most recent Windows 10 update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 stopped working after most recent Windows 10 update.

Anybody else having this problem? I have not been able to get any use out of NT this wasted weekend.

All charts are stuck at "Data loading". I left it overnight on Saturday and it was still stuck on today, Sunday. I have been stuck ever since. If I try to abort the data load from the Control Center, NT7 hangs and has to be killed from the Windows Task Manager.

There is nothing in the logs or trace files indicating any problem. NT has been repaired, uninstalled and reinstalled (twice). The 'db' subdirectories have been deleted. The cache has been cleared. I am still stuck and can get no charts to load.

Here I am at 0300 EDT, still trying to get this nonsense working so that I can do some important client work. I really do not feel like wiping and reinstalling the Operating System unless I have no other choice. It is beginning to look like I may not have any other choice now.

Hello koganam,

Can you please shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to the folder below.

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces

Delete the _Workspaces.xml file that is within the workspaces folder. This will not delete your workspaces, but ensures no workspaces will be opened on startup.

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. You will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

Start NinjaTrader and create a brand new chart without a chart template. Check if the requested data is loaded. If so, please add the indicators you normally have applied and check if they load without issue.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello koganam,

Can you please shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to the folder below.

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces

Delete the _Workspaces.xml file that is within the workspaces folder. This will not delete your workspaces, but ensures no workspaces will be opened on startup.

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. You will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

Start NinjaTrader and create a brand new chart without a chart template. Check if the requested data is loaded. If so, please add the indicators you normally have applied and check if they load without issue.
      Did exactly all that just after I wrote the first post. Right now, the only thing I have on my screen are the Control Center and a single chart trying to load NQ 12-16 while connected to a CQG feed from Amp. Everything is now stuck. Time to kill NT7 again from the Task Manager.

Comment

Can you please send me all your log and trace files so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, NT7 stopped working after most recent Windows 10 update.' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Can you please send me all your log and trace files so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, NT7 stopped working after most recent Windows 10 update.' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.
          Sent as requested. Workspace files and Database file also attached.

Comment

I have had similar issue with latest Win10 update. As well as disabling several programs, I cannot run NinjaTrader 7 at all. Reason is that update removed the MS 3.5 Net Framework feature that Ninja needs to run.

Thankfully this happened on my backup notebook PC, and not trading desktop - which updated Ok. Not sure why but Notebook is Win 10 installed from new, and desktop is a former Win7 updated to 10.

I have tried many methods so far to reinstall Net Framework 3, but along with thousands of others out there, nothing has worked yet. A right pain. Given up for now.

I assume NinjaTrader 8 runs on MS Net 4 or higher, so I am thinking just to upgrade to NT8 and all will work??? (Is that right?)

Not sure if this helps but there must be others out there with same problem thanks to Win10.

Comment

Hello RichardHK,
              Thanks for your post.
              To install .NET 3.5 on Windows to you will need to go to the Control Panel> Add/Remove Program (Uninstall a Program)
              At the top left select Turn Windows Features On or Off
              Click on the box next to .NET 3.5 and press OK
              If this does not work, I recommend having a PC technician check your system
              BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
                Hello RichardHK,
                Thanks for your post.
                To install .NET 3.5 on Windows to you will need to go to the Control Panel> Add/Remove Program (Uninstall a Program)
                At the top left select Turn Windows Features On or Off
                Click on the box next to .NET 3.5 and press OK
                If this does not work, I recommend having a PC technician check your system
                Thanks Brandon,

Yes, that is one of several methods I have used to try and fix this and it reports a missing file every time, whatever I try.

I will check with PC supplier support soon and if no help find a good technician as you suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardHK View Post
                  Thanks Brandon,

Yes, that is one of several methods I have used to try and fix this and it reports a missing file every time, whatever I try.

I will check with PC supplier support soon and if no help find a good technician as you suggest.
                  Install it offline from the installation media.

ref: http://winaero.com/blog/offline-inst...10-using-dism/

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                    Install it offline from the installation media.

ref: http://winaero.com/blog/offline-inst...10-using-dism/
                    I do not have any media supplied with new PC and will need to download image myself, which is the only thing I have yet to try.

Will focus on doing this last exercise before giving up. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardHK View Post
                      I do not have any media supplied with new PC and will need to download image myself, which is the only thing I have yet to try.

Will focus on doing this last exercise before giving up. Thanks.
                      I'm upgrading my Win10 32 home Zbox (which was Win8) to latest MS build... this will take all night.

NT 7..27 did start up (but threw error messages about license servers, and did finish loading).

Maybe you are attempting to run on a low class hardware system with limited resources?

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                        I'm upgrading my Win10 32 home Zbox (which was Win8) to latest MS build... this will take all night.
                        NT 7..27 did start up (but threw error messages about license servers, and did finish loading).
                        Maybe you are attempting to run on a low class hardware system with limited resources?
                        Nope. Brand new Lenovo Thinkpad notebook PC! NT7 ran fine on PC before the Win10 update that also screwed up a few other programs. Seems M$ are getting more sloppy or arrogant.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                        7 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post bill2023  
                        Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                        6 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post ryjoga