Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Ninjatrader Errors

Hello,

I have been having problems with the Session Templates for some time now, and have been having what I thought was a lot of slippage for some time now also.

Here is an earlier post I created on 10/17/2016 regarding this issue:

But today Ninjatrader also had additional major problems when I was trading, so I think the install is corrupt or something.

For example, the problem that I thought was slippage is too extreme to be just slippage. Chart Trader would show that I had a sizable profit, then I would use a limit order to exit my positions, only to see that it gave me a $100 loss instead.

And there were other bizarre errors, like when I exited an ATM Strategy trade with a Limit Order, that exit would create a buy-stop in the opposite direction. That happened a few times.

I am using SIM101 and I have two SIM101's in Ninajtrader. Soon I will be live trading, so I want to be sure this problem is resolved by then.

How do I try to reset or reinstall Ninjatrader while losing the least amount of things in terms of workspaces I created and so on?

Thanks,

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

It would actually be possible that we could resolve this without needing to reinstall.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20161026.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20161026.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Drew, I appreciate the time you took with me to troubleshoot this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Sparkyboy  
      Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
      21 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Bidder