Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Why does NT8 Crash sometimes and sometimes not ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does NT8 Crash sometimes and sometimes not ?

Hello NT-Community,

I do programming for automated strategies, but sometimes I am really frustrated because NT seems to crash randomly.. During backtest after doing 5th or 7th Backtest NT suddenly crashes.. Why does it crash though it has worked several times??
    Sometimes NT crashes even only when I compile the new code two times in a row..

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a list of typical code mistake which could cause randomly crashes of NT ?

Hello Redmoon22,

Thank you for your post.

There is no list of items to cause random crashes. If you focus solely on the code in your systems then general programming concepts can be looked into. An example would be, do you have any conditions that would cause an infinite loop scenario?

Without much to go on in your detail I would also suggest reviewing the Performance Tips in our Help Guide for guidance on items to look for: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ance_tips2.htm

Can you detail further any items concerning the random crashes? Such as the time and date, and anything relevant to what the application was running during that time (backtest, workspace, charts, etc.)?

Please also provide your log and trace files so we may look into this matter further. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
    Please reference this thread in your note.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by drewski1980, Today, 08:24 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post drewski1980  
    Started by rdtdale, Yesterday, 01:02 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post rdtdale