• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Spam and Phishig Alert

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Spam and Phishig Alert

    Support,

    Please note that spam threads and posts are being created on this forum by several members (potentially from the same source) mostly during the early EU session, usually under the General Programming forum. Today's posts are from these members:

    Cibacted
    Fomeven
    RictGot
    sariajhon74
    KeorHot

    All these members have joined today (same phishing, spam source) and most likely will be different names the next day.

    These posts seem to promote phishing and spam websites that have no place on NT forum. Please review these members posts and activities and take action to protect the safety of your site and your members.

    http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...splay.php?f=20
    Attached Files
    Last edited by aligator; 10-30-2016, 10:45 AM.

    #2
    Yeah, they be busy at night. I find when reporting the posts, they do get cleaned up sooner by someone from NT.

    Support isn't full time on the weekends, but someone eventually drops in to check things out.

    Probably should have a more strict registration process, or ban those IP addresses for a while (unless they are always unique).not sure,haven't seen them.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by sledge View Post
      Yeah, they be busy at night. I find when reporting the posts, they do get cleaned up sooner by someone from NT.

      Support isn't full time on the weekends, but someone eventually drops in to check things out.

      Probably should have a more strict registration process, or ban those IP addresses for a while (unless they are always unique).not sure,haven't seen them.
      Correct. However, they started to disappear one at a time as soon as I started drafting my post, even before I post. Fortunately, I was able to get a screen shot before they disappear. As seen, some members already clicked on those links.

      Seems like they were removed by someone other than the Support which I hope that is not the case since it means someone else has access to Moderators' privileges.This is not good news for NT.

      Also, this is not limited to weekends, it happens after mid-night (PT) quite often.

      Comment


        #4
        Ninja Support,

        Here is one Spam for today: They keep coming. Do Not Open The Links in these posts.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by aligator; 10-31-2016, 05:27 AM.

        Comment


          #5
          Hello,
          Thanks for your posts.
          All spam messages come in directly to us and is forwarded to a forum administrator to remove.
          BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by aligator View Post
            Ninja Support,

            Here is one Spam for today: They keep coming. Do Not Open The Links in these posts.
            tonight is off the charts!!!

            General Discusion is now at least 40+ posts deep with this attack over 4 hours. Other forums probably just as bad.

            This is completely ridiculous.

            Comment


              #7
              Maybe only people who have at least downloaded the program should be able to register. This is ridiculous.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
                Hello,
                Thanks for your posts.
                All spam messages come in directly to us and is forwarded to a forum administrator to remove.
                They must be off this weekend. 10 pages in general discussion, and other folders hit.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by sledge View Post
                  tonight is off the charts!!!

                  General Discusion is now at least 40+ posts deep with this attack over 4 hours. Other forums probably just as bad.

                  This is completely ridiculous.
                  It looks like NT may have to go to a registration-approval process, instead of the auto-registration. Then after approval, if the address starts spamming, ban the IP address for 30 days.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by koganam View Post
                    It looks like NT may have to go to a registration-approval process, instead of the auto-registration. Then after approval, if the address starts spamming, ban the IP address for 30 days.
                    Maybe it was OK to have a kind of lax auto-registration process when Ninja was just a software. But now having perhaps over 40,000 members and being a brokerage, it is time to have some control over access and suspect activities that may impact NT, members, and customers.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Support:

                      More of the same spam, except in Chinese and all from one member. Here is one Google translation of the Title:

                      "Office of Canadian undergraduate master's degree certificate / card Bielanuo University degree certification \ diploma transcripts Q! Micro 6272.12264? "
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Hello,
                        Thanks for your replies.
                        This is being looked into.
                        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Strikes again. How in the world this person creates multiple accounts in seconds?

                          In the screen shot: Blues are hackers, Reds are suckers. Do not click on those blues.
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Spamer Strikes Again

                            Wake up Ninja, how can someone registers under several names and places spam every night.
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by aligator View Post
                              Wake up Ninja, how can someone registers under several names and places spam every night.
                              Happens every evening ....

                              I had 1 person who couldn't post anything contact me in pvt email for help...

                              yet these losers invade the message boards..

                              Comment

                              Latest Posts

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by vivekniwas, Today, 11:31 AM
                              1 response
                              4 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Heath  
                              Started by Austiner87, Yesterday, 04:59 PM
                              1 response
                              9 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by rlcheny, Today, 10:38 AM
                              1 response
                              5 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Tyler  
                              Started by JAtrades, Today, 05:38 AM
                              5 responses
                              24 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rlcheny
                              by rlcheny
                               
                              Started by RobotSyndicate, Today, 08:27 AM
                              1 response
                              13 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Working...
                              X