Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicators not using the correct input series on NT8 (current release)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicators not using the correct input series on NT8 (current release)

This is the scenario:

- A chart with 2 data series (D1 and D2).
    - An indicator (A) which uses both data series as input series (and works properly)
    - An indicator (B) which uses previous indicator output (one of it's multiple output series) as input series (doesn't work properly)

Indicator B should use the first of A indicator output series, but instead it's taking D1 as input series. In fact I've tried to use other A output series as B input series and the resulting B output is exactly the same, it ignores it and always use D1 as input series.

On B indicator I'm setting "Data Series -> Input series" as the one of A output series I want to be taken as input on B, is it correct? Should I configure it in other way?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by manugarc; 10-30-2016, 01:14 PM.

Hello manugarc,

For future reference, below is a link to the NinjaTrader 8 section of the forums.

To confirm, you have the Input Series.. of an indicator set to another indicator that is added to the chart, is this correct?

In this indicator, is the code using the Input series (instead of using the High, Low, Close, Open, etc?)
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chelsea,

Excuse me for posting it on the wrong section; please fell free to move it to another if needed.

Yes, that's correct. Actually we could let aside the fact that indicator A is already added to the chart since I think it doesn't affect to B indicator behaviour.

On the main chart, I open the indicators menu and select B. Then I set its input, and select the indicator A, in which I select the desired output series as "Plot" (I think that's the way to use that series as input on B). At this point , no matter what series I choose, B indicator is always taking the first main chart data series as input instead of the one I select here. Then I click "OK" and I have indicator B added to the chart, but I can't manage it to use the indicator A output series as its input.

Wait a second, I'm checking what you have pointed about indicator B internal code. Maybe that's the problem. I didn't think about that since it's a predefined indicator, but maybe that's the point.
      Last edited by manugarc; 10-31-2016, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Hello manugarc,

In the indicator that is using another indicator as its data source, what data series is being used for the calculations?

Is this the Input series?
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Chelsea!

I've checked that, and you were right, that was the problem; I've re-coded the indicator (B) to have a custom one using the correct input and now everything works as expected ^_^
          Last edited by manugarc; 10-31-2016, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post Irukandji  
          Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes