Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifetime without broker and real time data sim

Hi

I am looking forward to purchase the lifetime license, but I won't open a brokerage account before january. By then I want to open a NT brokerage account. So my question is

Can I buy now the lifetime license and sim trade with it until I open my brokerage account?

If the above is possible, let's say I get a subscription with kinetick, can I sim trade with real time data?

Hello Lukebaires, and thank you for your questions.

Every service NinjaTrader offers except the ability to trade live is available without a license key. You can in fact sim trade even with a live data feed from a broker, and you can sim trade with a live license key, with or without a live data feed. All you will need to do is make sure that File -> Global Simulation Mode (moved to the Tools menu in NinjaTrader 8) is checked, and you will be guaranteed to be sim trading everywhere in NinjaTrader.

Please let us know if there are any other questions we may answer.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks!

Am I able to use the live license platform without a broker? I ask this since in your web I am asked to choose a broker before payment.

Also, who can I talk to about account funding with NJ brokerage and withdrawals?

Comment

Hello Lukebaires,

Thank you for your post.

1) Purchasing or leasing a live license key for the NinjaTrader platform will allow you to execute live trades to an account with a supported broker. Without connecting to a supported brokerage account, this would not include live market data.

If you would like to use the NinjaTrader platform without connecting to a supported broker, you can subscribe to an independent data provider like Kinetick. Kinetick will provide real-time and historical market data on a monthly subscription basis that you can use within the free version of NinjaTrader:

2) You can contact brokeragesales[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com for more information about opening a live trading account with NinjaTrader Brokerage. I am also including a link to our contact page:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary