• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT7 form .31 to .32 - Login failed:failed to initialise FXCM API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 form .31 to .32 - Login failed:failed to initialise FXCM API

Hello,
    I just updated NT7 form .31 to .32. After updating I can't connect to my FXCM broker account. When I try to connect I get the following error:
    "Login failed:failed to initialise FXCM API"

It was working fine before the update

Appreciate your help
    Last edited by TraderYoda; 11-14-2016, 04:44 PM.

I just noticed the 32bit version works but my 64bit version does not. I also tried starting the 64bit version from the start menu but it still gives the error "Login failed:failed to initialise FXCM API"

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20161114.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20161114.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
      Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Drew,

I've sent you the email with attachments

Thanks for the help

Comment

Is there a fix for this?

Comment

Hello gqman,

Thank you for your post,

The first thing I would recommend doing is exiting NinjaTrader and restarting your modem/router.

If you have an antivirus/firewall installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to it's exceptions list.

If you still see the same error, I would suggest a uninstall and reinstall of NinjaTrader.

First, go to Help > License key and copy your key and save it in as safe location, such as your desktop.

1. Close NInjaTrader

2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.

3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.

4. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below: 1. http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

If you still see the same error, please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20161114.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20161114.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
            Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by NoamBarel, Today, 10:11 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jim  
            Started by 7robert, Today, 09:41 AM