Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB with Kinetick issue

Hi,
    I am using IB paper trading as one connection and kinetick as another. In the IB connection options I stated that Kinetick is the the Backup datafeed and that the Historical data will be Disabled (In order to get it from Kinetick). I also wish that the realtime data will be from Kinetick.

When I open a tick chart I see that it is showing historical data and because IB don't offer historical data I assume Kinetick is filling my chart (I do not have this historical data saved for sure). The problem is that when I start running a strategy (with the IB account, not SIM101), new tick charts are not filling the historical data. There is no error in the logs.

In addition to comment about my issue, due to lack of info in the manual I wish to know the following:
    1. How can I know for sure which of my 2 connections is populating the historical data?
    2. How can I know for sure which of my 2 connections is populating the realtime data?
    3. What do the "Historical Data" options mean in the interactivebrokers connection? The first one is obvious, to use IB servers. The second one is to use external servers. What servers? And the third one is to disable the connection in order to use another connection. This is what I need?

Thanks in advanced.

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Since there could actually be a couple different items at play here, I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20161114.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20161114.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.
      I am asking this question on behalf of my client who is currently abroad. When he gets back I will tell him to send you the log files.

In the meanwhile can you please answer my other questions?

Comment

Hello ToMer_K,

Thank you for your reply,

The connection order is what determines which data feed is being used. To use Kinetick's data, you will connect to Kinetick first and then IB.

See the below section of our help guide for more on managing multiple connections.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...onnections.htm

Regarding your last question, there isn't an option for "Use External Servers" in the connection set up, just the two you noted. You won't need to disable the historical data on the connection, just changing the connection order will make sure the data is coming from Kinetick.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        11 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post xiinteractive  
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes