Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

01-17 charts wont load

Hello,

I can not get CL 01-17 chart to load. I know my formatting is correct but it seems no 2017 charts will load. What is going on here?

In case it matters I am using Continuum for my data feed.

Regards
    Brian
    Last edited by Briansstocks; 11-17-2016, 09:39 AM. Reason: Adding more information

CL will move to CL 01-17 on the 21st November.

Until then, use CL 12-16

Cheers

Comment

Thanks Pete but that is not correct. 12-16 expires on 11-20, 01-17 is an active chart on my TDAmerican account and most people have already rolled over to the January contract. Its not just January that is a problem there are many other active contracts that there is no reason for me not to have access to. I sould have access to all charts and can roll over any time I chose.

Comment

Originally posted by Briansstocks View Post
        Hello,

I can not get CL 01-17 chart to load. I know my formatting is correct but it seems no 2017 charts will load. What is going on here?

In case it matters I am using Continuum for my data feed.

Regards
        Brian
        Can you elaborate on what you mean when you say "I can not get CL 01-17 chart to load."?

What exactly is occurring? Is not data at all present in your chart window? Is data present, but not updating? Could you include a screenshot of your CL 01-17 chart?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Learn how to use Snipping Tool to capture a screenshot, or snip, of any object on your screen, and then annotate, save, or share the image.

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

How to take a screenshot on your smartphone, tablet, notebook or desktop computer

Comment

Patrick,

When I get the data series box up I type in CL 01-17 and click new nothing happens, the right side of the box does not fill out giving me chart options. So the exact same thing that would happen if I put in the wrong Data series format like CL 1-17 nothing happens.

I could give you a screenshot but I don't see that being helpful, you would just see the empty data series box with the proper CL 01-17

I also tried a few more charts, it appears that no 2017 charts can be brought up.

Regards
          Brian

Comment

To reset your instruments please follow the steps below.
            • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
            • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK.
            • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection.

Comment

Patrick,

I followed your instructions twice and there is no change.

Regards
              Brian

Comment

As a test, please rename your database. We can reverse this if it does not resolve what is occurring.

You can rename your database by following the steps below.
                • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
                • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
                • Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
                • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
                • Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results

To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise to run regular backups via our inbuilt backup feature in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Patrick,

Still the same problem. I didn't have anything saved I was worried about losing so no problem there.

Regards
                  Brian

Comment

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1606191 ATTN Patrick G

Please also include a link to this thread

Comment

Ok, I think you should be receiving what you requested any minute now.

Regards
                      Brian

Comment

I have not yet received your files.

Please write in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com and make sure to include a link to this thread for reference. You can also reference ticket #1606191

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
                        Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                        Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                        Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

I guess the tab under help in NT7 software doesn't work. I sent it to you manually

Regards
                          Brian

Comment

I have the same problem. The 01-17 CL doesn't load. I mean even if the rollover was on 21, why can't we have access to forward contracts?

Comment

Altia,

Phone support gave me a solution the may work for you.

In control center click on tools
                              Then Insrument Manager
                              Change type to futures.
                              In the name field enter CL then click search.
                              Underneath your search results you will have Exchange and expiry.
                              If the expiry section is correct with 01-17 click the arrow on the left hand side of Exchange to add it to your default list.

This was a quick easy fix that worked for me. It should work for anything.

Regards
                              Brian

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Jon17
                              by Jon17